Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts

Rally Finland 2015

Since no one else started this threadI´ll do it.

Today the Rally Guide 1 is published for NORF 2015.

Read here: http://www.nesteoilrallyfinland.fi/en/42596.aspx
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

2. Likes: BMV (19th March 2015)
    Liked 979 Times in 340 Posts
    Too bad Lankamaa is out!

Yes. And Urria and only one stage on Sunday.

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    On the other hand the "full" Ouninpohja is back in and on sunday Myhinpaa is a perfect powerstage! Also shakedown on Ruuhimaki seems better to me than on Laajavuori. Still a good itinerary, last year was a bit better IMO, but it can't always improve.

6. Likes: Micke_VOC (21st March 2015)
    Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    wuhuuuuuuu, finally! cant wait for august! Going for the first time with bunch of friends, should be fun. Really hoping for a great result for Estonians.

For sure NORF never can be boring or something. And I know Kai and Co have lots of work to get this Itenary so good, but still some of the past stages always are missed. Laukka, Sirkkamäki...

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Normally, at least between Finns, the first reaction when new route is published, is that again the same old, same old. Per, you've had the chance to spectate at Lankamaa year in, year out. Personally I don't miss Lankamaa. I think organisers would've preferred to run few proper stages on Thursday afternoon, but thanks to FIA, it wasn't allowed.

I think this year's route is good. At least it's been quality-proofed. I would've preferred something new as like we know, there are a lot of roads in the area that could be used regarding their location.

Most notable change is of course the reversed running direction of Myhinpää stage. Also the first part, new part of Jukojärvi stage could bring something good. And of course Ouninpohjantie and Ouninpohja stage belongs together, so if one can't come with any other where to go spectate, the best gravel road in the world is available.

No service on Friday brings extra twist for the opening day. A small mistake can be extremely costly. No one would want to have misfunctioning power steering on the opening leg or anything similar.

Also Ruuhimäki makes a perfect shakedown. It's the golden calling card of Rally Finland and especially to new fans. If first impressions of WRC cars flying pass the last section leaves you cold, it's better to pack up and go since it doesn't get better. :-)
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

10. Likes: Micke_VOC (21st March 2015),Rallyper (19th March 2015)
    For sure. I´ve been at Lankamaa a couple of times and same there for me. Can live without that stage, too. And I´m not complaining. Just want more, MORE You know.

Lots of people though last day and the night before. Wasn´t that nice staying on that circus "first year" they drove Myhinpää in 2009 (?). But still I´ll be there somewhere.

I´ll PM you later on, after videos been released. Have a nice coming weekend.

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts

Liked 7 Times in 2 Posts

Lightbulb Google Maps

Yesterday I added the maps of the Rally Finland 2015 to my website. Please check out the stage onboard videos. They have GPS tracking support, so you can see the current position of the car in the map.

14. Likes: devil's land (23rd March 2015),dodge33cymru (23rd March 2015),Hartusvuori (23rd March 2015),MartijnS (23rd March 2015),Micke_VOC (24th March 2015),pantealex (23rd March 2015)