Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    I don't really understand F1 anymore. And I don't understand the people running it. Horner's right. F1 has some big problems but what he proposes is embarrassing. Asking for FIA to slow down Mercedes is pathetic. Why no one's asking to end this semi-frozen engine development BS? It's done in the name of cost cutting and yet half of the teams are all but bankrupt. It's obviously working like a charm. While really achieving nothing it also creates this 'competition' where after one race we all know Hamilton's going to be WDC and Mercedes WCC. All the people who participated in making these rules should resign and go home. They achieved absolutely nothing. They failed horribly.

And you have the McLaren Honda situation. They had 3 tests to get things done and they f***ed up. And now they participate in races for testing. It's definitely not a sport, it's gambling.

Liked 50 Times in 26 Posts
    It was last weekend a 11 car race. Maybe we should get used to this kind of fields.

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    I think if Red Bull, Torro Rosso, Sauber, Force India and Lotus (all of whom have complained about costs) band together, that's ten cars out of the current 20. They could split the field in half and force a change.

Maybe the Concord agreement doesn't work that way, but I can't imagine a boycott by 50% of the entrants wouldn't get the attention of those who control things. It's also not hard to believe if Red Bull took the lead that those other teams would not follow. They were threatening a boycott last year anyway.

Everyone has seen this coming. There was talk by Monza last year of three car teams, and not much later the small teams were talking "financial crisis." It was by Russia that Marussia and Carterham were missing races. All pre season we wondered if force India and Sauber were even going to make it, and Manor still hasn't turned a wheel.

Even we internet experts saw this coming, and still, formula One let this happen.

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nem14 View Post
    Christian wants the FIA to handicap Mercedes because the Renault power unit can't handle the competition.
    http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/re...des-domination
    I know this has been said before - STR is doing okay with Renault. I think RB needs to work on their car some more.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    he has a point. mercedes being a full second faster than everybody else for the rest of the season is good for no one.
    But that has been true for decades.
    Mclaren dominated the mid to late 80's
    Williams dominated most of the 90's
    Ferrari dominated the late 90's/early 2000's
    And we all know who dominated 2010-2013...

6. Likes: A FONDO (16th March 2015)
    Quote Originally Posted by CNR View Post
    as for motorsport.com thieving (as long term members of this forum know)
    What in the hell does THAT mean???

Liked 41 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    But that has been true for decades.
    Mclaren dominated the mid to late 80's
    Williams dominated most of the 90's
    Ferrari dominated the late 90's/early 2000's
    And we all know who dominated 2010-2013...
    Exactly.

Mercedes may not be running at anything near the maximum capability of their package yet either.

If Mercedes are foxing then the other teams are totally screwed, now and for the foreseeable future.

Only question for 2015 - Which driver will finish third in the WDC this year?

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    What in the hell does THAT mean???
    IIRC they stole the old forums and rebranded them as there own.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyzars View Post

Only question for 2015 - Which driver will finish third in the WDC this year?
    Should be Vettel. Both Williamses aren't complete drivers. Ricciardo is going to have many troubles with the french engine.

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    I know this has been said before - STR is doing okay with Renault. I think RB needs to work on their car some more.
    Red Bull's biggest complaint is "driveability," so it's a good bet that Torro Rosso is running something different. My guess is that they are running an older engine map, one that actually worked but maybe gave less outright power.

I kind of doubt there is much wrong with any Adrian Newey chassis. You just can't get the most out of a car, or even make sensible adjustments, when the power delivery has big gaps in it.

Renault is just lost, that's all. The biggest surprise is that things seem to have gotten worse since Mario Iilen has gotten involved.