Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    It's the FIA. You knew they were going to **** someone over. Even handed rules enforcement has never been something they were good at.

Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    he has a point. mercedes being a full second faster than everybody else for the rest of the season is good for no one.
    Dunno. It's pretty good for Mercedes.

Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Motorsport.com understands Horner could be referring to Appendix 4 of the power unit homologation rules, which states:

"A power unit delivered to the FIA after 28 February 2014, or modified and re-delivered to the FIA after that date, which the FIA is satisfied, in its absolute discretion and after full consultation with all other suppliers of power units for the Championship, could fairly and equitably be allowed to compete with other homologated power units."

Horner said: "The FIA, within the rules, have an equalisation mechanism. I think something that perhaps they need to look at.
    "equitable" is not the same as "equal". It only means everybody gets a fair shot. How has Renault not had a fair shot at building a decent engine?

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    it just shows how much they are ripping the other teams off with b spec engines (williams lotus force india and McLaren after they sold there share)

as for motorsport.com thieving (as long term members of this forum know)
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

5. Likes: Tazio (16th March 2015)
    Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CNR View Post
    i

as for motorsport.com thieving (as long term members of this forum know)
    Yup!
    May the forza be with you

Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster View Post
    When Merc in the late nineties shot costs through the roof and had a massively superior engine by using Romulan alloys, they were banned.
    That is what they want you to believe. They simply cloaked those parts. Go ahead, ask any Klingon.

8. Likes: Duncan (16th March 2015)
    Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
    And now, it appears Dieter Mateschitz wants to sell the team and bail completely.

Red Bull Racing's F1 future in doubt

If you take the two Red Bulls and two Torro Rossos out of the picture, how many cars start yesterday?
    Oh yep, here we go!
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster View Post
    Thing is though other teams WERE penalized for doing well in the past. When Ferrari had bespoke tyres in the early noughts the tyre regs were changed to eff them over. When Merc in the late nineties shot costs through the roof and had a massively superior engine by using Romulan alloys, they were banned. And RB had their EBD banned twice. Current Merc team is not penalized. You can think about it what you want a bit of a point is there. It's just the wrong main saying it.
    I think the difference is that Ferrari, Red Bull etc were doing something that was a little different to the others and the FIA stepped in because they didn't like where those developments would lead. As far as I can see, Mercedes aren't doing anything radically different to the others, they are just doing it better. How do you drag Mercedes back to the pack? They don't have a trick diffuser or bespoke tyres or flexible wings or ridiculously rare metals in their engines. What do you take off the car to slow it down that isn't also on every other car?
    Forza Ferrari!!

11. Likes: andyone (18th March 2015)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
    I think the difference is that Ferrari, Red Bull etc were doing something that was a little different to the others and the FIA stepped in because they didn't like where those developments would lead. As far as I can see, Mercedes aren't doing anything radically different to the others, they are just doing it better. How do you drag Mercedes back to the pack? They don't have a trick diffuser or bespoke tyres or flexible wings or ridiculously rare metals in their engines. What do you take off the car to slow it down that isn't also on every other car?
    Good post Hawk. They've got something going for them in the application of their PU, or somfin', 'cause they lapped every other Mercedes powered rig except Felipe, and he was the better part of one minute behind. just sayin'.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Things have certainly been done to handicap Red Bulls during the Red Bull domination. For example, the changes to Pirelli tires in 2012 and 2013, obviously specially designed to handicap high downforce cars such as Red Bull, while Mercedes was given an opportunity for a clandestine tire test in 2013 season. This charade went on until the tires became so fragile that they started to explode at Silvestone in 2013, causing serious safety concerns, and then the tire design was changed again towards something more durable. Strangely, once usable tires were provided in the mid-season no one was able to catch Red Bulls in the second half of season. I am guessing the FIA will change its attitude towards Mercedes domination once the 2015 season looks like a photocopy of the 2014 season.
    Last edited by zako85; 16th March 2015 at 09:17.