Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
    Hmm. Shotgun wedding .... because those always work out so well.
    Who knows , Doc , they could both be men about it all and try to make the marriage work .

But , I don't expect either entered without some sort of pre-nup .

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Who knows , Doc , they could both be men about it all and try to make the marriage work .
    I think the past will disappear with the first win.

Banned
    Oh yeah , about my butt , it feels just fine.
    I'll sleep better knowing that!

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Tell me you don't go to sleep thinking about my butt ........please .

Banned
    Tell me you don't go to sleep thinking about my butt ........please .

What? Does that sound weird or something?

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    That's almost as gross as thinking about all the pustules and 'gators that evacuated your lung through that chest snorkel you were featuring.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
    I watched the Hungaroring GP2 race last night and that's part of what impressed me about Nasr. I forgot who he was racing with, they had wheels interlocked in every corner for at least half the race and never put a scratch on either car. There was no blocking, chopping, blocking or swerving, though there wasn't a lot of room given either. You don't often seen that kind of sustained hard nose racing without someone ending up n their lid, but Nasr and the other guy drove beautiful races.
    Raced with (and got spanked by, metaphorically) GP2 Champion Jolyon Palmer - & don't you forget it..
    Same thing happened in both GP2 races in Hungary.

Banned
    I would say Palmer is worth watching too, especially since he looks set to be Lotus' reserve. Just another reason to rag on Pastor and help him get the boot.

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Definitely.. That was the race where Nasr spent the podium interviews & post-race slating Palmer's driving calling it unfair & dangerous. Interesting given your assessment of their 'clean' racing
    Palmer is the best out-&-out racer GP2 has had in the last 3 years, just a real shame he's not racing anything this year (the GP2 champion is barred from re-entering and there is an upper age limit too) and he really doesn't have the money for F1.
    He'll end up racing Indycars soon (hopefully!) or sportscars, but being a demon overtaker isn't necessarily first call for WEC teams.. In F1 'talent' is only looked at by 4 teams, and one of those is Toro Rosso.. it's a backwater for talent in terms of racing drivers nowadays, all about the wallet.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Osella View Post
    Definitely.. That was the race where Nasr spent the podium interviews & post-race slating Palmer's driving calling it unfair & dangerous. Interesting given your assessment of their 'clean' racing
    I didn't see the interviews, but those comments surprise me. Both leaned on each other pretty good but I didn't see anything unfair. Then again, I didn't see every single lap. What I did see was pretty good.

Palmer is the best out-&-out racer GP2 has had in the last 3 years, just a real shame he's not racing anything this year (the GP2 champion is barred from re-entering and there is an upper age limit too) and he really doesn't have the money for F1.
    Really tells you something about the sport that a can't-miss prospect like Palmer can't get a chance. Being a reserve driver is not much of a prize unless one of your teammates gets killed, which is not a very good thing to hope for.

He'll end up racing Indycars soon (hopefully!) or sportscars, but being a demon overtaker isn't necessarily first call for WEC teams..
    Indycars would be ok, but sportscars is a waste for someone who had his eyes on the F1 championship.

In F1 'talent' is only looked at by 4 teams, and one of those is Toro Rosso. it's a backwater for talent in terms of racing drivers nowadays, all about the wallet.
    Indycars is all about the money too if someone like Justin Wilson can't land a decent full time drive. All of racing has gotten so damm expensive that it doesn't make sense any more.