Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
    Indycars is all about the money too if someone like Justin Wilson can't land a decent full time drive. All of racing has gotten so damm expensive that it doesn't make sense any more.
    It's not only about the cost, it's about the cars not being difficult enough to drive, so that a mediocre pay driver can perform so close to a really outstanding pilot that the money becomes worth more than the difference in talent.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    I'll give 1,000.00 USD to anyone that puts a bullet in this freakin' guys head.
    "He's been the best world champion we've had," Ecclestone said last night. "Apart from the fact he's talented, he's a good guy. He gets out on the street, supports and promotes Formula One. He is 100 per cent box office."
    The 84-year-old is good friends with four-time champion Sebastian Vettel but has told the German he should be marketing himself and F1 as Hamilton does.
    "It's always good whatever Lewis says, even if it's silly," Ecclestone added. "It's great for the sport."
    http://www.newindianexpress.com/spor...cle2734088.ece
    The Boss is great and I dig the sh** out of him, but Bernie is a money grabbing shameless fool that needs to get the f*** out. I love how he continuaslly discounts great F1 1 pilots that are no longer making him money,

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    The Boss is great and I dig the sh** out of him, but Bernie is a money grabbing shameless fool that needs to get the f*** out. I love how he continuaslly discounts great F1 1 pilots that are no longer making him money,
    I am amazed Bernie doesn't get some of these pilots to have fights on the side of the track like the old days. Bound to draw in punters
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    I am amazed Bernie doesn't get some of these pilots to have fights on the side of the track like the old days. Bound to draw in punters
    When Andy Granatelli was promoting stock car races at Soldier Field in Chicago, he fined drivers for fighting in the pits, but gave them a bonus for fighting in front of the crowd.

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    How do you really feel?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
    How do you really feel?
    A little hung-over

Disclaimer:
    I don't really want Bernie to get his freakin' brains blown out, but I will give 1,000,00 USD to anyone that feels as though they really need them.

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    I wonder what Nico is thinking about his statement now?

I just actually saw the exchange yesterday, and I thought Seb was just having fun with it. Nico seemed to totally lose his sense of humor about 10 seconds in.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    A little hung-over

Disclaimer:
    I don't really want Bernie to get his freakin' brains blown out, but I will give 1,000,00 USD to anyone that feels as though they really need them.
    Taz, you have promised to give out lots of money recently. Did you happen to win a lottery and are wondering, what to do with all this excess cash now?

9. Likes: N4D13 (31st March 2015)
    Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts
    I just saw the exchange for the first time. They were both smiling the entire time. Nothing in it at all. This place would go into meltdown if a couple of driver's actually had a real argument. Why don't you organise it for us Bernie?

11. Likes: jens (2nd April 2015),journeyman racer (2nd April 2015)
    Quote Originally Posted by jens View Post
    Taz, you have promised to give out lots of money recently. Did you happen to win a lottery?
    That is the 1,111,111.00 USD question
    May the forza be with you