Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    Just occurred to me - did I miss it, or was there no investigation of the Button incident? Last season I'd have expected to see a graphic on the screen saying "Incident involving cars X and Y under investigation - causing a collision". Of course, the whole thing could have happened while NBC was in commercial break.
    I'm betting it was too close to call so they let it slide. Button didn't give him any room, but he didn't take any either. Chico just slid out into him because Button left him no margin. Hard racing at it's finest, except it was at the wrong end of the running order. that kind of hard nosed racing should be happening at the front.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Bernie, The FIA, or more likely Mercedes better come up with something soon, because The Boss just gave Nico a thorough ass whgippin', and the whole exercise may become rather academic by around Sochi.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    With 15-20 to go, both MB were out in front by more than a pitstop. Hamilton just that bit out of reach for Rosberg. What I'd like to know is, why did Rosberg pit and see what he could do with fresh tyres?

Kind of funny. Where I was at the GP. You're allowed on a golf course, but are not allowed to go near the road. But soon, you'll be able to go near the road, but not allowed on the golf course!

5. Likes: rjbetty (17th March 2015)
    Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    With 15-20 to go, both MB were out in front by more than a pitstop. Hamilton just that bit out of reach for Rosberg. What I'd like to know is, why did Rosberg pit and see what he could do with fresh tyres?
    His pace was probably dictated more by fuel management rather than tyre management.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow View Post
    His pace was probably dictated more by fuel management rather than tyre management.

Nico's pace wasn't any bother for Lewis, who had Rosberg under control from the very start of the race, to the fall of the checkered flag.......Rosberg had nothing for Hamilton at Australia.

8. Likes: A FONDO (17th March 2015)
    Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Lewis really won the race on the restart after the safety car. He just got a blinder while Nico must have been picking his nose or something. I think he pulled out 2 seconds on the restart alone, and then it was a matter of managing the gap and taking care of the tires.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Well, looking now back on the opening race of the year, I still like to think about the main highlights for me.

Seb Vettel - 3rd - both Vettel and Ferrari had a difficult time last year, and they were not together at that time. Now they are together, and it feels like a new fresh beginning. I feel a bit nostalgic. In 1996, after joining Ferrari, Michael Schumacher finished 3rd in the championship after two dominant Williams. Yeah, the beginning was tough, but there was lots of positive and promising as well. Now Seb finished 3rd behind the two dominant Mercedes. Those two are well in front, but I am not bothered about it right now. P3 feels like a win. And this Vettel's all-white helmet, he is now forced to keep for the whole year ( ), really looks striking in the distance compared to others, especially in red car. It truly feels like a new era!

Felipe Nasr - 5th - after a miserable season, Sauber had a stunning race, and a rookie driver from Brazil put in a fantastic performance. I have seen some great rookie drives before, like Magnussen second in Australia last year, or Pérez 7th in 2011 also in Sauber, before getting disqualified, or Webber fifth in 2002. These things are memorable. Great way to start a career, but there is concern he happened to punch above his weight for once and this result may not be replicated for a while.

Marcus Ericsson - 8th. To me this is like a true modern underdog story. A driver, from who you’d expect nothing. It is sort of like Luca Badoer or Marc Gene scoring a point in a Minardi back in the day. Ericsson is the kind of guy, who you’d expect to bring up the rear of the field all the time. But this time - 8th! This may remain his career-best result. But I am glad to have witnessed it. That a “minnow” has achieved his career-best result, points.

11. Likes: Mia 01 (17th March 2015)
    A week on. I've got to say, I enjoyed myself on Friday. For some reason, I've always been put off from going. I get some self satisfaction from being a "GP snob", despite having a passion for motorsport. But still, it took til the 20th GP in Melbourne for me to go. The AGP Corporation don't really represent the race well through the local media here. If you're aware of Ron Walker, he's just an arrogant ****. I won't go for a race day. But I'm actually looking forward to next year!

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
    Alonso couldn't have picked a better race to sit out. The McLarens are slow and unreliable. Has a slow and unreliable car ever won anything?
    Fisichella in the Jordan in Brazil 2003.

It was certainly a slow car that year, and so unreliable it caught fire right after the red flag. But it won!

14. Likes: rjbetty (18th March 2015)