Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Generally of course he didnt, but Malaysia saw Tarso out qualify him by half a second and run ahead most of the race until a tyre blow out I think.
    OK. Well I didn't remember that. Though I remember the loose wheel of Minardi running down the backstraight.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens View Post
    OK. Well I didn't remember that. Though I remember the loose wheel of Minardi running down the backstraight.
    Yes. The Minardi had been running on wets into dry conditions and it threw a tread
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    I have to say, few are really noticing Kyvat who has been quite consistent in beating Ricciado most of this season. He is 4 points ahead of Ricciado in the driver championship table. The thing is that, he has quietly done so. He is overshadowed by Ricciado's popularity such that his achievements are being underestimated. I am beginning to rate this guy as a top racer.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 4th November 2015 at 08:40.

4. Likes: truefan72 (3rd November 2015)
    Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Kvyat is doing a good job, but I can't agree he is overshadowing Ricciardo. Just to bring some examples - Ricciardo was ahead in both Belgium and Russia before he retired with car problems. And there have been more examples than that.

However, I am quietly impressed how the younger Dan is coming to his own in F1, but he needs to prove more before getting considered as a top driver. Years have proven pretty convincingly there must be a clear line between a 'pretender' and the 'real deal'.

Liked 1,075 Times in 601 Posts
    Hamilton over Rosberg
    Ricciardo over Kvyat
    Bottas ties Massa
    Vettel way over Räikkönen
    Alonso over Button
    Hülkenberg over Pérez
    Verstappen over Sainz jr
    Grosjean over Maldonado
    Nasr - Ericsson cold go either way
    Rossi over Stevens
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens View Post
    Kvyat is doing a good job, but I can't agree he is overshadowing Ricciardo. Just to bring some examples - Ricciardo was ahead in both Belgium and Russia before he retired with car problems. And there have been more examples than that.

However, I am quietly impressed how the younger Dan is coming to his own in F1, but he needs to prove more before getting considered as a top driver. Years have proven pretty convincingly there must be a clear line between a 'pretender' and the 'real deal'.
    I didn't think he was overshadowing Ricciado, if you read my post carefully. He is only 4 points ahead. He is showing that he deserves the seat at redbull. His position has increasingly being under some pressure recently by the great performances of the Torro Rosso rookies, particularly Verstapenn. He is in a fight to hang on to his seat for 2017. A strong finish to this season and a stronger 2016 with less mistakes is what he needs.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 4th November 2015 at 08:51.

8. Likes: jens (5th November 2015)