Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts
    You have to know that, SS and routes to the stages were blocked 3 hours before start of the stage. Last year there was less blocked roates than this year.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/rajdpolski Officials published movies and photos form spectators areas. I think that is is joke and disgrace for rally fans. This places are weak as hell. But Mr Mahonen will be very pleased because rally will be very safe...

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubertos View Post
    You have to know that, SS and routes to the stages were blocked 3 hours before start of the stage. Last year there was less blocked roates than this year.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/rajdpolski Officials published movies and photos form spectators areas. I think that is is joke and disgrace for rally fans. This places are weak as hell. But Mr Mahonen will be very pleased because rally will be very safe...
    Is it possible to walk elsewhere?
    From my experience in rally sardinia I've learned that spectators areas are the least place I will go to watch a rally: people were 20 meters from the road in a straight after a jonction, even 50-80 meters from the junction. It doesn't make sesne. Luckily it was possible to freely go on other spots where if you stayed away from dangerous places you could enjoy the show.
    Will this be the case of Poland? Or will it be like Portugal?

Liked 480 Times in 162 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Is it possible to walk elsewhere?
    Last year wasn't problem at all. Marshals didn't care much about it. They didn't allow to be on wrong side of the tapes or fences, of course, but in the same time you could stand wherever you want, just a 20 meters from them.

Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts
    From my experience I know that you can go wherever you want to. Marshalls may do some things to keep you in spectator area, but if you don't walk by road they can't do anything. No one give you a ticket if you won't be in that area. They are checking rally passes only in spectators areas.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Well it seems you are fine then...You just have to avoid spectator zones and walk for some kms more than usual. It is tiring at the end of the day but passion will give you the energy

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Thanks for the thread - provided some much needed information.
    About blocked roads - here is the answer from organizers about my question:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your e-mail and interest in 72nd Rally Poland.

The marked local roads will be closed down due to safety policy and protecting the Rally from unauthorised access.
    In this case, they should not be accessed at all.

For the best views, we advise you to buy tickets (prices starting at only 35PLN) and attend the Rally in specially selected spectator zones.

We look forward to see you at the Rally!

With kind regards,
    Maciej Ługowski
    Spectators' Service Department
    LOTOS 72nd Rally Poland

W dniu 2015-06-25 14:32, Mārtiņš Tolks napisał(a):
    Hello!
    I have question, regarding access roads for special stages. In maps,
    published in your website, many roads have marked with "no entry"
    sign. It is forbidden to access those roads only by car or also on
    foot?

Martin
    So guess, will need to play stealth game or get along with provided spectator spots.

Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts
    This is not an official statement, they can't forbid you to attent this places. They are telling that this for safety reasons. F****** bullshit. They have no right to ban this places, they are just making rally easier for them. No people = no problem at all. I think if world rallies will come that way, soon we won't have many people on special stages. Staying in "great" spectator areas is as boring as watching nowadays F1.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    WRC » Rally Poland: Paddon receives top spec Hyundai for Poland

http://www.crash.net/wrc/news/220371...m_campaign=rss
    A suspension upgrade won't make it a top spec i20. He didn't have the same spec engine as Neuville and Sordo in Sardegna, and now they are getting a camshaft upgrade for even more power.

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    3D animated maps are available on RallyVista:

http://www.interactiveinfluence.com/techali/rallyvista/