Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Weather forecast for the rally is tough! It is warm until shakedown and it will be very hot from then on. +30 degrees and a bit more in the shade is forecasted. Another hot rally!. In our climate zone, such temperatures might lead to very rapid and unforecatsted thunderstorms. Usually in the afternoon. I have experienced it a bit further west in Poland. Take a lot of drink and sunshade with you again!
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

2. Likes: AL14 (30th June 2015),tommeke_B (30th June 2015)
    Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    any news about closed roads and anything?

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Paddon will be the one to watch for sure. Do you think he will confirm a top level performance?
    I don't think Sardinia was a One Off, I've been convinced of that on saturday when he kept his very good rythm. But at the same time I think that in Poland his expectations are very high and it will be very risky for him. I think it's very unlikeable that he will stay in the road for the whole weekend. I hope to be wrong of course.

What do you think about?

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    this year poland has mostly completely new roads, that none of drivers has competed before. there can be many surprises, let's hope positive this time.

btw - there are stages in google earth, but does someone have plain gpx/plt. files for garmin?
    Last edited by Martins Tolks; 30th June 2015 at 11:20.

Liked 409 Times in 273 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martins Tolks View Post
    this year poland has mostly completely new roads, that none of drivers has competed before. there can be many surprises, let's hope positive this time.

btw - there are stages in google earth, but does someone have plain gpx/plt. files for garmin?
    If you send me PM before this evening i might be able to help you, but i am leaving for Poland tomorrow very early.

Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
    Just a little hint boys. Check stages on googlemaps and look for other roads into stages cause I can tell you that these are not all of them and surely there are many other opened. Or buy precise maps on petrol stations and do it an old school way Happily that's not my problem cause I chose 'tent' way and sleeping in the forest. See you on stages

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Paddon will be the one to watch for sure. Do you think he will confirm a top level performance?
    I don't think Sardinia was a One Off, I've been convinced of that on saturday when he kept his very good rythm. But at the same time I think that in Poland his expectations are very high and it will be very risky for him. I think it's very unlikeable that he will stay in the road for the whole weekend. I hope to be wrong of course.

What do you think about?
    i dont think too that it was just a one off. His Saturday performance in Sardinia was very impressive. But yeah, he may be too confident now and push a little too much. i think Mikkelsen and Tänak will be very strong here. Tänak won in WRC2 last year here and in Sardinia on the faster stages he showed TOP3 times and was quickest on the fastest stage of the rally and he likes these fast rallies. So, i hope to see Paddon-like performance here from Tänak but theres always something against him, the car breaking down or the starting position or whatever.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Tanak has not been the luckiest one indeed but I think he has his faults even if he has paid too much for them. He seems determined this time. Let's hope for a good outcome.

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Hayden Paddon: “Yes, our good result in Sardinia gives us more confidence and people maybe expect more from us now, but we won’t get carried away. Our plan and approach remains the same, taking each event as it comes.”

Sounds pretty level-headed to me and the last thing he will want is to go off early and people to say Sardinia was a fluke.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Starting behind is not much benefit in Poland, roads get very easily rutted there and you have to use the ruts.

And it is not fully new stages.

Powerstage (ss18,19 - whole Sunday) is almost the same stage as last year, partly shakedown),
    SS1, 9, 17 is the same arena.
    Almost the same is SS4,6,
    Nearly 50% the same is Ss3, 8, 11, 15.
    New and very difficult stage will be 5,7, it is 39 km long and this is among the favourite places in Poland, nearly no forrest, small hills and lakes. I drive through this region at least once every year:-)
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas