Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Hey Bag
    JV is slamming Fred
    Whats up with that
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

2. Likes: Tazio (9th March 2015)
    Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    I think he's fine. Ron gave out some duff information when he said he wasn't concussed. That was later corrected. He hit his head twice, on either side of the cockpit, which is how he suffered the concussion. Standard advice is to refrain from activity that is likely to result in another concussion for 1 month. Melbourne falls within the month, Malaysia after a month. The rumour mill is in absolute overdrive, but there is nothing to suggest that it was more than an unlucky accident, but because it's rare for someone as experienced as Alonso to drop it in just testing, and also rare for such an accident to result in a relatively serious concussion. Maybe there was a problem with the car, but the outcome is the same, concussion, back in a month. I wouldn't listen to Alan Jones, I get the impression he doesn't know which way up he is most of the time. DC is relying on Ron's statement about no concussion. No one seems to have actually spoken to Fernando.
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roamy View Post
    Hey Bag
    JV is slamming Fred
    Whats up with that
    Don't know , cowboy , but we can assume JV might have a few insides on how Zo really was when wearing red .
    Remember , he was one paranoid l'il buckaroo when he ran that Mac the last time . He can be a little disruptive when provoked with lesser results .

He's not known as a developer , but rather a guy who can drive the hell out of anything you give him .
    It was designed for him , so Kimi couldn't drive the thing , and it was frustrating for everyone .

But , now he'll have Button setting things up , so he should be happier , as the car should keep improving .

And it had better keep improving from where they started , as they've told us not to lower our high expectations of them putting Mac back on top , and they are looking more than a little shaky at the moment .

5. Likes: Mia 01 (9th March 2015)
    Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post

He's not known as a developer ,

But , now he'll have Button setting things up , so he should be happier , as the car should keep improving .

That's pretty funny Bags!

Come on dawg, in 2006 and 2007 Alonso was a great car developer and thanks to his feedback both Renault and McLaren were so fast. I guess he got stupider when he went to Ferrari!

Get real dude, Jacques is talking shit, plain and simple. His comment had to do with disrespect. How disrespectful was Fred? Answer; a lot less than he had the right to be, and what he did say was simply speaking the truth with a touch of sarcasm. he could have said a lot worse, and not be out of line IMO

Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali has shed a little more light on the decision to drop Kimi Raikkonen and hire Fernando Alonso, saying that Alonso is a better development driver, more in the mould of Michael Schumacher and that is what the team needs
    How soon they forget
    Last edited by Tazio; 9th March 2015 at 16:06.
    May the forza be with you

7. Likes: kfzmeister (10th March 2015)
    Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    yeah Stefano Domenicali forgot everything
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

9. Likes: Tazio (10th March 2015)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post

That's pretty funny Bags!

Come on dawg, in 2006 and 2007 Alonso was a great car developer and thanks to his feedback both Renault and McLaren were so fast. I guess he got stupider when he went to Ferrari!

Get real dude, Jacques is talking shit, plain and simple. His comment had to do with disrespect. How disrespectful was Fred? Answer; a lot less than he had the right to be, and what he did say was simply speaking the truth with a touch of sarcasm. he could have said a lot worse, and not be out of line IMO

How soon they forget
    Great at developing cars nobody else could drive does make you look better than your team mate .
    Ask the Fish , or JV for that matter , as he had to fill in , in a Fred configured car himself .

I guess that's what the shoe did , too , but he never dissed the brand , or the team , and when he took over the wheel of the red car , it really was a piece of crap , and then he won .

11. Likes: Mia 01 (10th March 2015)
    Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Triumph View Post

And Jenson has apparently seen something strange in the telemetry figures from Fernando's car.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/31732315

True, but the something strange that JB saw could be as simple as the entry speed into the corner. i.e. Fred was 12km faster in on that lap compared to the others etc

Great at developing cars nobody else could drive
    Like the 2007 McLaren?
    or JV for that matter , as he had to fill in , in a Fred configured car himself
    Yes I remember it well. JV looked quite foolish in that little stint!

In fact in the same car Jarno was performing swimmingly until he gave up on the last corener of the last lap in France, and let Rubens steal a podium away from him. That pissed Flavio off enough to eventually resort to Jacques. Why for could Jarno drive the R24 but JV just took a shit in it?
    JT:
    I go to every race feeling optimistic, but especially Barcelona. I didn't get past the first corner last year, but the car was very strong, and we know the R24 is very competitive there too. I have had my strongest start to the season since I joined Renault, and we know this is historically a good circuit for our car. Our rivals are very strong at the moment, and the battle is very close, but we will keep pushing to improve our performance.

I wish Kevin all the best for this weekend in Australia, and I know the car is in his safe hands!"Even though we faced a lot of challenges in the tests, I am very encouraged by the feeling I got from the car, and I'm looking forward to going through all of the data from this weekend with the team to continue our push for development and improve our performance
    http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/al...n-in-malaysia/
    Last edited by Tazio; 10th March 2015 at 15:12.

14. Likes: kfzmeister (10th March 2015)
    Jarno impressed in that car , Taz , you're right , but only at the start or the season if I am remembering right .

As it went along , it became edgier , and Fred , with his "crank the wheel" style moved ahead .

And , that's the car JV inherited .

And , somehow , Taz-man , I don't remember JV as looking as "foolish" as you seem to .
    Find me a quote that uses that word to describe his outing at Renault .

16. Likes: Mia 01 (10th March 2015)
    Sorry Bagman, I remember a radio broadcast from the GP of China JV's first race in the R24, if I'm not mistaken. Jacques asked his race engineer where he was slow, and the response that was (I'm pretty sure) broadcast worldwide was....."Everywhere!"