Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens View Post
    It is interesting to think that Ron Dennis and Fernando Alonso are together again - the couple, who already fell out of love many years ago. And they are together in the most extreme possible situation - at the back of the grid after a major crash with blurry causes of said crash. As opposed to 2007, when it started out so well - McLaren was a top car and Alonso won his second race in Malaysia.

But this great car didn't help with their relationship. Now they have the opportunity to do it again from the bottom. They better be 'mellower' and more mature as they say, because without that you can't manage this! As the saying goes - tough times are a real test for humans. If Ron and Fernando can go through this together, it will be easier later on...

Or not? Because in 2007 it wasn't. Or as long as Alonso doesn't have a too strong team-mate, who threatens to steal the glory from him in a very good car (2007), it should all be fine?
    Really good points, and it shows both the strengths and weakness that exists in Alonso. We know he can't be a good number 2, and doesn't respond well to not having preferential treatment. Though Button IMO is certainly no Hamilton in regards to a straight on track fight, he is quietly consistent and at times is brilliant with tire preservation that leads to good strategy.

I'll be honest, after the Spygate scandal I think Ron is a fool for even thinking about putting Alonso in the seat. Though McLaren were at fault, it's evidence how quick things change when the finger pointing starts. Then the move back to Renault, and another slippery group of characters that managed the Spingate incident at Singapore.

2007 was a very telling season IMO. A great car, a tie in points with a team mate, and it ended in tears. Starting from the back of the grid isn't something Alonso excels at, as he lacks patience.

Though still one of the best on the grid, IMO this could just as easily end in tears once again. Only time will tell.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    For sure, it will be very exciting to see how McLaren handle Alonso on this new ride, and the opposite ofcourse. Nomatter what they say, if the team not score a podium places regulary at the end of the year their relationship will be very sour.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01 View Post
    For sure, it will be very exciting to see how McLaren handle Alonso on this new ride, and the opposite ofcourse. Nomatter what they say, if the team not score a podium places regulary at the end of the year their relationship will be very sour.
    Stat attack: Fernando has scored at least 3 podiums in every year of his F1 career, except for 2001, 2009 and 2014. In each of those years, he quit the team.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    A lot of negativity I read about Fred on this thread, I don't have crystal balls, but I think most of you are going to be disappointed, unless you make the mistake that many make, which is let journo's twist his (English) words as it is not his first language. My prediction is that the car will eventually come good, and Fred will take care of business whether or not he outscores JB. I like his comments after his first time back in the MP4-30,
    Glad you're OK Fred:
    “It felt great today in the car,” he said. “Finally after the gym, after the simulator, whatever you do it is never the same as the car, so I enjoyed so much driving here. The conditions obviously are extreme, very hot, and physically it is very demanding. I am not 100 per cent physically and fit after two weeks on the sofa, and two weeks of not in the car.
    “It was really the second day of testing for me because I have one good day in Barcelona with 63 laps. and today 45. The rest of the days were seven laps, nine, eleven, so today I really enjoyed it. Definitely a step forward, a big step forward for us.
    “It’s much better. The experience that we had in winter was a lot of problems, after four or five laps we stopped and we had to change something, but today we ran 45 laps with zero problems, everything went as we predict. We will see tomorrow in qualifying. We were I think 4.6s behind pole position in Australia, here could maybe be 3-3.5secs, so that is a 1 or 1.5s gain in two weeks, so it’s a big step forward.
    Regarding the latest updates he said: “I think there are a lot of things going on in the car now. There are big steps on aerodynamics, a lot of understanding of the power unit, interaction between everything in the car. Every lap is a learning curve for us. In terms of driving, I felt great. The car is very consistent, the car is easy to drive, and it gives you confidence to push to the limit.
    http://adamcooperf1.com/2015/03/27/f...easy-to-drive/
    Last edited by Tazio; 27th March 2015 at 16:03.

5. Likes: kfzmeister (28th March 2015)
    Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Well, he's already faster than Jensen even though he says he is not 100%, so that's not a horrible start. The best news is that neither McLaren blew up.

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    I don't have crystal balls, but I think most of you are going to be disappointed.............
    I bet! ;-)
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

I'll bet you 1,000.00 USD!!
    What are we betting about?

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    I'll bet you 1,000.00 USD!!
    What are we betting about?
    Dunno. You said something about crystal balls! ;-)
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

Sorry, but are you dissing Fred on his return ?

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Are we betting about Taz's balls?
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy