Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    Alsono had a concussion. What's the problem here?
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    I guess it shows that there is not much else happening, and nothing to really talk about.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Concussions are nearly always different, from person to person and from event to event. You can get some nasty nausea and balance issues for weeks from the mildest of concussions, plus if you've suffered more than one the effects can be worse. A couple of days full recuperation is not much of a story at all
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    http://www.theguardian.com/sport/201...ing-race-crash
    "McLaren’s miseries continued here on Thursday when the team were unable to confirm that Fernando Alonso would take part in the opening Formula One race of the season, "
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Fred ain't driving that sh!tbox til they fix it - look for magnussen in Aussie
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    According to Sky, Ron Dennis said yesterday that Alonso didn't have a concussion. When you hear all these contradictory statements it's hardly surprising that people think there's something more to this than we are being told.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Here's the quote from James Allen's site:

“He’s not even concussed. The technical definition of a concussion is that you can see it in a scan. The possibility is that the change of direction happened so fast that actually it was like – it’s inappropriate to use the word – a whiplash of the brain. It didn’t actually touch anything. It didn’t bruise, it didn’t bleed.

“I’m not trying to conceal anything. I’m just telling you the facts: he is physically perfect. There is no concussion.”

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roamy View Post
    Fred ain't driving that sh!tbox til they fix it - look for magnussen in Aussie
    Fred will drive in Oz dawg. Another solid week of recovery and he'll be all over it. McLaren will also be looking much better in two weeks!
    Fred will drive in Oz!
    Last edited by Tazio; 27th February 2015 at 16:34.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    I honestly feel that this has been massively blown out of proportion. Journos and bloggers need something to write about and they're just grasping at about every straw they can here. So yeah, the guy spent three nights at the hospital instead of the usual one or two and doctors advised him not to be driving anytime soon, as we know that having two concussions in a row can have terrible effects. And on top of that, consider how extra cautious everyone is during testing, where you get red flags for every silly thing and the race drivers aren't always present. So what's the big deal with this?

10. Likes: kfzmeister (1st March 2015)
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    The one thing one can rely upon is the unnecessary secretive and covert nature of mclaren under ron dennis.
    Instead of just coming out and letting folks know what is going on, he treats the information like it is a state secret.
    There is no competitive advantage to be lost or gained by letting folks know how Alonso is doing and acknowledging well wisher and sympathy.
    Instead, he has managed to alienate fans, journalists and anybody else interested in Fred's well being.

As to alonso himself, from all accounts, it was and odd accident with a significant impact 150kph or not.
    As folks have said already concussions are an odd thing and vary in severity and lasting damage. He might have done more damage off the whiplash and recoil than the actual initial impact.
    And it is a bit troubling that the effects seem to be ongoing to the point where his status for Australia is in doubt.
    Hopefully he makes a full recovery.
    Last edited by truefan72; 3rd March 2015 at 23:12.
    you can't argue with results.

12. Likes: rjbetty (2nd March 2015),Tazio (1st March 2015)