Page 71 of 76 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast
    Liked 252 Times in 68 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JAM View Post
    When you buy a car from a manufacturer, you believe the car is legal and acording the homologation.

Otherwise, when you buy a new car, you must completely dismantle the car and rebuild it to check every component to see if it is according the homologation. When a driver buy a part to a manufacturer, is implicit that the part is according the homologation.

Here FIA must investigate the Peugeot Sport's behaviour.

The only exception is if tha part was not bought from Peugeot or was changed by the team / driver.

It's stupid and impossible to expect that every team check every component sold by the manufacturer. Is obligatoin of the manufacturer assure that what is selling comply the regulations.
    From what I understand the part was changed by the team when they had their cooling issues.

Ray
    2007 Australian Rally Champion Driver Class P3
    2011 Australian Rally Champion Codriver Privateers Cup and Premier League,
    2014 Australian Targa Champion Codriver Late Classic

Liked 11,171 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raybak View Post
    From what I understand the part was changed by the team when they had their cooling issues.

Ray
    No, there is written that Peugeot changed their part supplier and this part came from Peugeot. At least that is written in the document.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 69 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raybak View Post

Ray
    Adding to what Mirek wrote

You probably missed this part of the "stewards decision":

"The competitor explained that the parts had come from Peugeot who had in changed his components suplier

It was noted that the parts supplied by Peugeot where not in compliance with the homologated papers prepared by Peugeot"
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 16,102 Times in 6,990 Posts
    they start trolling Ogier

World Rally Blog ‏@WorldRallyBlog 11 Ιουν
    "Best driver did not win in Portugal". True, Loeb is doing WTCC these days. #WRC

lolol
    Colin Clark ‏@voiceofrally
    I still feel sore about this plate of meat! Together with some cheese a coke, coffee, it cost me €50! Bloody bandits!

5. Likes: nafpaktos (16th June 2015)
    Liked 16,102 Times in 6,990 Posts

7. Likes: AL14 (15th June 2015),Andre Oliveira (16th June 2015),nafpaktos (16th June 2015),rallye-vid (15th June 2015)
    Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JAM View Post
    When you buy a car from a manufacturer, you believe the car is legal and acording the homologation.

Otherwise, when you buy a new car, you must completely dismantle the car and rebuild it to check every component to see if it is according the homologation. When a driver buy a part to a manufacturer, is implicit that the part is according the homologation.

Here FIA must investigate the Peugeot Sport's behaviour.

The only exception is if tha part was not bought from Peugeot or was changed by the team / driver.

It's stupid and impossible to expect that every team check every component sold by the manufacturer. Is obligatoin of the manufacturer assure that what is selling comply the regulations.
    For sure the rules for WRC/WRC2/WRC3 are not corresponding to reality. Only thing is when team building a rallycar from kit in their own workshop, maybe.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 78 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    they start trolling Ogier

World Rally Blog ‏@WorldRallyBlog 11 Ιουν
    "Best driver did not win in Portugal". True, Loeb is doing WTCC these days. #WRC

lolol
    Colin Clark ‏@voiceofrally
    I still feel sore about this plate of meat! Together with some cheese a coke, coffee, it cost me €50! Bloody bandits!

That was a playful dog at the end of the Olmedo Stage. It belonged to the ambulance crew I think as I saw one of them take it for a walk.

Sent from my Tab2A7-10F using Tapatalk
    Happiness is using the side windows more than the windscreen

In reply to being asked what 240Kph on Watagans Road was like:-
    \"Wait till I check my pants, I didn\'t know whether to sh#t myself or orgasm!!!\"

10. Likes: dimviii (15th June 2015)
    Liked 78 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    For sure the rules for WRC/WRC2/WRC3 are not corresponding to reality. Only thing is when team building a rallycar from kit in their own workshop, maybe.
    The danger is for a manufacturer to scam the system and deliberately produce and supply special go-fast parts for a car. With the driver pleading ignorance about it (although may be part of the scam) and blaming the supplier, thus the onus is on the driver/team to prove the car is legal. It hurts the driver/team more with money or points penalties than to find a big car company with deep pockets who would happily pay the fine if it meant their car was benefiting from the fast parts and getting the promotional benefit from a winning car.

Happiness is using the side windows more than the windscreen

In reply to being asked what 240Kph on Watagans Road was like:-
    \"Wait till I check my pants, I didn\'t know whether to sh#t myself or orgasm!!!\"

Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Livewireshock View Post
    The danger is for a manufacturer to scam the system and deliberately produce and supply special go-fast parts for a car. With the driver pleading ignorance about it (although may be part of the scam) and blaming the supplier, thus the onus is on the driver/team to prove the car is legal. It hurts the driver/team more with money or points penalties than to find a big car company with deep pockets who would happily pay the fine if it meant their car was benefiting from the fast parts and getting the promotional benefit from a winning car.

OK. That´s another side of the coin. Didn´t think of that.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Back home from my 5th visit to Sardinia, had a great event. In terms of stages and itinerary it was probably the best edition so far. Seen shakedown + 14 stages (only WRC cars on 5 stages). A lot of variety in the event, you can not say "this is a typical Sardinia stage" like you can for many other events. Every stage is different and that makes it very interesting for spectating. We've seen jumps, fast sections, hairpins, very steep downhill sections, parts between trees, between rocks.

A few photos from Paddon, the best driver of the rally (in my opinion).

On Montiferru, a bit behind the start we were in the mountains (almost 1000 meters high). Great view and atmosphere there. It was like some "mini-el-condor" on that spot.

On the limit over a crest on the short Ozieri-stage.

Jump on shakedown

Small album on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2364109&type=3

The full album and some personal review will follow later.

14. Likes: 6789 (16th June 2015),dimviii (16th June 2015),Hubertos (16th June 2015),makinen_fan (16th June 2015),MartijnS (16th June 2015),Maui J. (16th June 2015),Mintexmemory (16th June 2015),Mirek (16th June 2015),N.O.T (16th June 2015),pettersolberg29 (16th June 2015),rallye-vid (16th June 2015),Rallyper (16th June 2015),turves (16th June 2015)