Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Don't You think kind of unlimited engine power would spice up a little bit. I mean look how RallyX grows in popularity, those little cars have 600+ hp. So when You say to average Joe this accelerates from 0 to 100 on gravel faster than f1 car on a circuit asphalt, he amazes "wow, that is something I have to see", so wrc attract more fans, as a consequence probably the promotion would get better too.
    On the other hand I realise those will be much more difficult to drive when You put "the pedal to the metal", so perhaps we'll have more competition. Well I'm afraid Kubica will not be allowed to drive, so wrc will lose lot of fans.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    I suppose You are not a technician, right?
    No I'm far from it In my opinion I'm not even as concerned with computers in WRC cars as I am with wanting standard manual gearboxes back! But that's just my opinion.....

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    Plus you are getting old... really old... in a few years you are going to hate the youth of today and the technologies of today... because back in the 80s you were the youngster and everything was nice and the sunsets were brighter and your wife resembled a woman rather than a person of unknown sex and identity... and you maybe have kids and you have to worry about their problems more than yours and in general you preffered when you were free and young and you actually looked yourself in the mirror and said "damn i look good"

so "back then" will always be nicer because you were nicer...
    I'm 17 buddy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sladden View Post
    This new formula of World rally cars since 2011 was supposed to go back to basics. But now the paddle shifters are coming back again. And Another thing is that 20 years ago...300bhp car was something quite special.
    So like me you'd like to see more of a driver input on the gear changes?

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    That would change virtually nothing. All gr.N cars have H-pattern and although it is possible to use their dog-ring type gearboxes without clutch most of the drivers actually use clutch to save the gearbox for a little longer.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew McClune View Post
    I'm 17 buddy
    that is really really worrying then... or you just reflect your dads/uncles or some elders view on the sport.

친애하는 지도자
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    This is wrong. The exposure we have through various channels nowadays don't affect live events. According to you Chelsea should have his big stadium almost empty and bruce springsteen should sing in suburbs pubs. The new communication era give people the possibility to watch more contents but at the same time engage them more...
    it is not wrong... when you talk about a sport that has a fixed amount of spectators the comparison is irrelevant because stamford bridge always had a capacity of 40k and was always full... if in rallying we had a fixed amount of 100k spectators then again you would see no difference through time.

Plus football is like a religion for many people so it cannot be compared to a proper sport.

you have a point saying that with more exposure nowadays the publicity would be higher and it actually is in absolute numbers but the difference is we have more casual people and not hardcore.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    it is not wrong... when you talk about a sport that has a fixed amount of spectators the comparison is irrelevant because stamford bridge always had a capacity of 40k and was always full... if in rallying we had a fixed amount of 100k spectators then again you would see no difference through time.

Plus football is like a religion for many people so it cannot be compared to a proper sport.
    Ok, football wasn't the best of examples but tell me which live events of any kind that has been affected by media exposure.
    Viewing a youtube video with cars rifting and flatout will let you stay at home, or will let you go to the stages to watch him?

you have a point saying that with more exposure nowadays the publicity would be higher and it actually is in absolute numbers but the difference is we have more casual people and not hardcore.
    I agree with you and I think this is a very important point. This is why they want circus and shootout and here is where is the communication issue I talked about previously. WRC don't know how to talk with casual people, they don't simply do it and they will stay casual looking at Ken Block clowny gymchanas.

친애하는 지도자
    oooooh it is so nice we both agree... i like agreeing very much... can we be best friends for life ?

9. Likes: AL14 (18th February 2015)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    oooooh it is so nice we both agree... i like agreeing very much... can we be best friends for life ?
    This is not too much on topic but I never refuse a friend request
    Last edited by AL14; 18th February 2015 at 13:12.

Liked 50 Times in 26 Posts
    F1 looses a lot spectacters too.

The youngster have no interest in cars anymore. They rather have an iPhone that cost 800 euro. When I was young I bought old rwd car for less money and have fun with it.

Young People loose interest in cars and rallying and racing is not even coming to their mind!

Government with co2 taxes on cars. Cars get more and more expensive and fun cars are hard to get or very expensive. It al starts when you get you're driving license and get you're first car and have fun with it. Now they rather walk into an Apple Store.