Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts

Upcoming short film feature on rallying

It's about a driver in the Group B era, and it's titled (appropriately enough) "Group B":

http://films.jalopnik.com/robb-stark...+matthardigree

The stunt driver for the film is David Higgins, who can be seen nowadays in Rally America, where he beats the living snot out of a field of lousy amateur drivers (he's the only works team-supported driver in the series AFAIK).
    His brawling style earned him a reputation as the meanest man in boxing. He is said to have knocked out a woman ... and a horse ... EACH, with one punch.

Liked 78 Times in 27 Posts
    Certainly looks interesting, I guess it will be a case of watch this space until it is released.
    Happiness is using the side windows more than the windscreen

In reply to being asked what 240Kph on Watagans Road was like:-
    \"Wait till I check my pants, I didn\'t know whether to sh#t myself or orgasm!!!\"

Liked 105 Times in 53 Posts
    Wow, this just makes me wish for a "Rush" type of period blockbuster set in group-b days. But a short will do. Looks like good fun.

Actually, call me crazy but while the obvious movie subjects could be some of the big personalities - Rohrl, Mikkola, Toivonen etc. - I'd love to see a film that followed Michele Mouton all the way up to her runner-up to Rohrl in 1982... reading the wikipedia about it has built in drama. Even setting aside the amazement of a woman reaching the top level of the sport in the early 80s when that seems out of the question even now in 2015. She won more rallies (3) that year than anyone else. She finds out her father has died on the eve of the Rallye Cote D'Ivoire where she can pull to within 2 points of Rohrl, and her father's dying wish is that she start the rally... Brutal conditions, Rohrl claimed the cars were 70° C (!) during the rally, she led him by half an hour, the lead drops slowly due to transmission problems, finally under pressure she rolls, drives 5km in the wrecked car and finally has to give up. I think that's a movie.

Liked 252 Times in 68 Posts
    We are going to be shooting a short film with a Triumph TR7 V8 rallycar later this year. Will post links once done.

Ray
    2007 Australian Rally Champion Driver Class P3
    2011 Australian Rally Champion Codriver Privateers Cup and Premier League,
    2014 Australian Targa Champion Codriver Late Classic

5. Likes: stefanvv (8th March 2015)