Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    That was a tremendous game! NZ had the game for most of their innings. But SA clawed their way back to be "leading" in the last couple of overs. An all-time great game of cricket. Aus/Ind are going to have to pull something every deep to equal that contest.

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Oh My God! What a game of cricket. Absolutely over the moon with NZ, one of the biggest wins in any sport the country has ever had.

Condolences to South Africa, no one deserved to lose that match and as a NZ supporter we know how it feels to miss out on the final (we have lost semi's 6 times )

Strangely most of NZ want to play Aus in the final now, even though India would be an easier match, so all eyes to the secong semi tomorrow.

India won't be an easier match.

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    India won't be an easier match.
    It absolutely will be easier - not for an instant saying it will be easy, but easier for several very good reasons.

1. Home town support - if AUS get through there will be 90,000 avid Aussie supporters behind them and NZ will be in very hostile territory, if India get through many in the crowd will be supporting NZ.

2. Home condition advantage. Aus in Aus is a far tougher prospect then anyone else in Aus, simply because neither team is used to the conditions.

3. The ANZAC rivalry thing means there is always an extra dimension when Aus and NZ go head to head.

4. No disrespect meant to India, but man for man Aus (especially their bowlers) are slightly better than India (as I already said India are very very very good).

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    NZ should win it all. Haven't watched a ball of this cup, won't watch either but ever since I have watched cricket for a long time before giving it up, I have always liked the Kiwis.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Quote Originally Posted by anfield5 View Post
    It absolutely will be easier - not for an instant saying it will be easy, but easier for several very good reasons.

1. Home town support - if AUS get through there will be 90,000 avid Aussie supporters behind them and NZ will be in very hostile territory, if India get through many in the crowd will be supporting NZ.

2. Home condition advantage. Aus in Aus is a far tougher prospect then anyone else in Aus, simply because neither team is used to the conditions.

3. The ANZAC rivalry thing means there is always an extra dimension when Aus and NZ go head to head.

4. No disrespect meant to India, but man for man Aus (especially their bowlers) are slightly better than India (as I already said India are very very very good).
    There'll be more Indians at the SCG tomorrow than Australians. Having been to two games at the MCG involving India, I can tell you the crowd is intense. There won't wont' be any Indians hoping NZ beat them in the final. Whereas there'll be a pocket of Aussies that'll prefer to see NZ beat some of these nuffies that represent Australia. Like me for instance.

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    ^I personally know plenty of people who are actually travelling or have already been there just for the games....and not just Indians living in Australia but people living as far away as doh India, California and the UK! Its's insane. I could have been one of those if I was still watching cricket or as passionate about the game as I was 10-15 years ago.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

8. Likes: journeyman racer (26th March 2015)
    So that's that then. Australia New Zealand final. We've seen in other sports. The team the won the previous matchup in the completion, loses the final. It will be interesting to see how the game plays out on a bigger ground. It's going to be a tough challenge for both teams.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Discussion in another thread brought me here as it caught attention.

So it is going to be anfield5 vs journeyman racer final. Enjoy the neighbour-battle!

11. Likes: journeyman racer (26th March 2015)
    I don't like the Australian team, and would prefer to see NZ get up. anfield5 offends me more by being a Liverpool supporter.