Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Off to SL/Bangers now.

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    SOuth Africa v Windies later today, South Africa need to win if they have a hope of finishing top of their group.

But more importantly NZ v Aus tomorrow, the whole country is up for this, hopefully it lives up to the hype. Unfortunaely David 'The Fe$%^king Idiot' Warner has already started mouthing off. He is like a chimp at a tea party - can't stop babbling nonsense and throwing his toys around. (plus he does kinds resemble the missing link). Here's hoping the game is remembered for the right reasons and not because of this particularly unpleasant moron.

I'm loving NZ destroyation of Australia atm. anfield5 still won't give a like though.

4. Likes: anfield5 (1st March 2015)
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    I'm loving NZ destroyation of Australia atm. anfield5 still won't give a like though.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

6. Likes: journeyman racer (1st March 2015)
    You posted half way through the game my friend. (gave a like anyway)

What an incredible game of 20/twenty cricket. This just proves teams don't need to score 350 runs to provide a spectacle. Simply breathtaking.

8. Likes: journeyman racer (2nd March 2015)

For those who think cricket is a safe, gentle sport. This is what a cricket ball moving at 150 km'h does when it hits your unprotected arm.

10. Likes: journeyman racer (2nd March 2015)
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield5 View Post
    You posted half way through the game my friend. (gave a like anyway)

What an incredible game of 20/twenty cricket. This just proves teams don't need to score 350 runs to provide a spectacle. Simply breathtaking.
    Would you give a like because I was happy Wellington Phoenix beat Melbourne Victory yesterday? I thought Ernie Merrick was harshly treated by the Melbourne press and public. So I actually hope he jags an A-league title before Victory does. Even before Melb City.

12. Likes: anfield5 (2nd March 2015)
    Regarding the game. I think NZ biggest problem was psychological. They played to the score and not to a run rate. They should've won 4 down. But because they "only" needed 152, they just didn't follow through with McCullum's innings. Taylor, Elliot, Milne and Southee were particularly pathetic. Had they needed 200 to win. I reckon they would've chased it down, but suffered at similar tension filled collapse. Just 50 runs later.

Time passes quickly and the world moves on. After seeing Sangakkara score a ton on Thursday, he then backs up with another against England on Sunday. Whereas I'm still recovering from seeing Sanga and Dilshan'a efforts. That's now two games in a row where Jayawardene is next to bat at 4, but doesn't face a ball! He must make sure he's sharp during training.

Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    Regarding the game. I think NZ biggest problem was psychological. They played to the score and not to a run rate. They should've won 4 down. But because they "only" needed 152, they just didn't follow through with McCullum's innings. Taylor, Elliot, Milne and Southee were particularly pathetic. Had they needed 200 to win. I reckon they would've chased it down, but suffered at similar tension filled collapse. Just 50 runs later.

Time passes quickly and the world moves on. After seeing Sangakkara score a ton on Thursday, he then backs up with another against England on Sunday. Whereas I'm still recovering from seeing Sanga and Dilshan'a efforts. That's now two games in a row where Jayawardene is next to bat at 4, but doesn't face a ball! He must make sure he's sharp during training.
    You are quite correct re NZ. The same reasoning can be used to expalin why it was so difficult against Scotland i.e. chasing a small score, and getting there... just. NZ are absolutely a bat first team. With no chase to worry about, they can easily score 350, then roll any opposition for 100 and not too many.

Re the Pheonix - great result. Can't understand the Melbourne press and public had a go at Ernie, the Victory cut him lose, he didn't leave them, so the fact that he is now getting the Phoenix to play the best football in the A-league is Melbourne's own fault.

15. Likes: journeyman racer (4th March 2015)
    I'll quit while I'm ahead with the likes.

For those who think cricket is a safe, gentle sport. This is what a cricket ball moving at 150 km'h does when it hits your unprotected arm.
    Tbh, it just looks like a rippling muscle.

Re the Pheonix - great result. Can't understand the Melbourne press and public had a go at Ernie, the Victory cut him lose, he didn't leave them, so the fact that he is now getting the Phoenix to play the best football in the A-league is Melbourne's own fault.
    The sense of entitlement by the Australian football community here is extraordinarily large. Melbourne being a big city, reflects this attitude. Ernie also didn't fit the "Messiah" criteria, that people here, deep down, really want.