Quote Originally Posted by anfield5 View Post
It absolutely will be easier - not for an instant saying it will be easy, but easier for several very good reasons.

1. Home town support - if AUS get through there will be 90,000 avid Aussie supporters behind them and NZ will be in very hostile territory, if India get through many in the crowd will be supporting NZ.

2. Home condition advantage. Aus in Aus is a far tougher prospect then anyone else in Aus, simply because neither team is used to the conditions.

3. The ANZAC rivalry thing means there is always an extra dimension when Aus and NZ go head to head.

4. No disrespect meant to India, but man for man Aus (especially their bowlers) are slightly better than India (as I already said India are very very very good).
There'll be more Indians at the SCG tomorrow than Australians. Having been to two games at the MCG involving India, I can tell you the crowd is intense. There won't wont' be any Indians hoping NZ beat them in the final. Whereas there'll be a pocket of Aussies that'll prefer to see NZ beat some of these nuffies that represent Australia. Like me for instance.