Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    A solution has been found!

For season 2015 though, I will be keeping an unofficial scorecard of all the races on free-to-air this year. Since half of the races will not be on free-to-air as far as I'm concerned, they do not exist.
    Points will be awarded 10-6-4-3-2-1 with a point for fastest lap and pole and the winner of the 10 free-to-air races will awarded the John Logie Baird Television Was Better in 1984 Memorial Cup.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

2. Likes: journeyman racer (20th February 2015),N4D13 (23rd February 2015),raybak (20th February 2015),TheFamousEccles (20th February 2015),Whyzars (18th March 2015)
    Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    McDawg!

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    I fucking hate Murdoch. This is ridiculous. Next thing we will have to put up with Darryl Eastlake again.

You can't imagine how absolutely pissed off I am with this state of affairs. I am stiffling a rant of biblical proportions here.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    What's wrong with Darrell? I liked him. Anyway, your prayers have answered with him. He's got Alzheimer's, he's ******.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Points will be awarded 10-6-4-3-2-1 with a point for fastest lap and pole and the winner of the 10 free-to-air races will awarded the John Logie Baird Television Was Better in 1984 Memorial Cup.
    9 points were awarded for a win in 1984, ARGH!

9 Hamilton
    6 Rosberg
    4 Vettel
    3 Massa
    2 Nasr
    1 Riccardo

The Constructor's Championship is thus:

15 Mercedes
    4 Ferrari
    3 Williams
    2 Sauber
    1 Red Bull

The next race is in Bahrain.
    Malaysia and China... nope. I don't know about those. They don't exist.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 41 Times in 26 Posts
    Don't hate Murdoch, its not his doing.

I won't ever pay to watch a modern F1 race. F1 is supposed to be about engines being pushed to the point of destruction but F1 chooses to penalise teams who do that now.

The final straws for me were KERS and DRS. This new arrangement just means that I get my F1 from the 6 o'clock news.

I won't pay to listen to the current things at the track so why would I pay to watch them on my TV?

There's plenty of other fuel burning to watch.

P.S. Darrell Eastlake is a legend. So sorry that he is not doing well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmb8PoxzNsk

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    highlights package may make f1 better if it is all that boring as melbourne was
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Quote Originally Posted by Whyzars View Post
    Don't hate Murdoch, its not his doing.
    Oh?
    James Packer and Lachlan Murdoch are listed as owning 17.88% of Ten Network Holdings Ltd.
    Lachlan Murdoch who was the acting CEO, left to become co-chairman of News Corp, which is the 100% owner of Fox Sports Pty Limited.

Who has the rights to every race in 2015?
    The prosecution rests.

10. Likes: journeyman racer (23rd April 2015)
    Liked 41 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Oh?
    James Packer and Lachlan Murdoch are listed as owning 17.88% of Ten Network Holdings Ltd.
    Lachlan Murdoch who was the acting CEO, left to become co-chairman of News Corp, which is the 100% owner of Fox Sports Pty Limited.

Who has the rights to every race in 2015?
    The prosecution rests.

That same ownership you noted has provided F1 to Australians on free to air for many years - often at ungodly hours but it was always available. Murdoch is pure business and has nothing to do with F1. He has to get a return from somewhere.

The blame lies squarely with the respective sports administration bodies. Rather than seeing their success in the widest audience, they sell rights exclusively and to the highest bidder.

This is not in the long term interests of any sport.

Those highest bidders must've had a veritable fit last year when they heard the new cars. How were the attendance figures in Melbourne compared to 2014?

Pay TV will dump F1 as soon as its not viable and its quite possible that F1 will generate exactly zero new customers for Foxtel. My tip - if the only option was a 50cent piece and an ice cream for F1 exclusive rights, F1 would take it. Media bidding wars for sports are a joke.

Sport is successful when lots of people are interested in it.

F1 may not learn this until it has the same viewing audience as polo.

Quote Originally Posted by Whyzars View Post
    That same ownership you noted has provided F1 to Australians on free to air for many years - often at ungodly hours but it was always available. Murdoch is pure business and has nothing to do with F1. He has to get a return from somewhere.
    "many years"

Consolidated Press Holdings (James Packer) acquired that chunk in 2010. Murdoch stepped in in 2011.
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-02-2...section=justin
    In a statement to the ASX, Ten's chairman Brian Long said Mr Murdoch accepted the position of acting CEO at the unanimous request of the board.
    Mr Murdoch will remain in the position while the company undertakes an executive search for a new CEO.

- ABC News, 23 Feb 2011

Why else would Murdoch want a chunk of a network that was doing badly if it wasn't to pluck the eyes out of its "asset" register?

The only GP on the anti-siphoning list is the Australian GP; even then, that is subject to change if people can convince the government.

http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2010L03383
    12.1 Each race in the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile Formula 1 World Championship (Grand Prix) held in Australia.
    - Broadcasting Services Act 1992, Broadcasting Services (Events) Notice (No. 1) 2010

Actually:
    12.3 Each race in the V8 Supercar Championship Series, including the Bathurst 1000.

There is no "V8 Supercar Championship Series" anymore. It has changed its name; which helpfully has pulled it off the anti-siphoning list as well. That's another win for Fox Sports just there.