Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke View Post
    If you're really worried simply place a small thick piece of tape over the microphone .
    Which , prompts the software to contact the robot vacuum cleaner , which activates as soon as you're gone , to slide over and gently tease up the bottom of that small piece of thick tape , just enough to open up some sound for the mic , but still make you think you've got it licked , security-wise .

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    I take offense to that.

My wife is not a robot.

“If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke View Post
    I take offense to that.

My wife is not a robot.
    And you're definitely hoping she doesn't activate as soon as you are gone.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Like €¦££µ°$ m¦$$µ$
    May the forza be with you

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts

Thumbs up

Why does Samsung want to listen to your words? To sell your demographic interests to advertisers, not because they care anything about you personally. And how do they make money from advertisers?

Read & learn:

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/11/80...g-unwanted-ads

“Samsung’s smart TVs have already come under fire this week for a poorly worded privacy policy that apparently let the devices listen in on owners’ conversations,” James Vincent reports for The Verge. Now, there are reports that the sets are inserting ads “every 20-30 minutes” into users’ own, locally stored content.”

“There’s been a string of complaints online by customers using third-party video apps such as Plex and Australian service Foxtel, with most referring to rogue Pepsi ads interrupting their viewing,” Vincent reports. “‘After about 15 minutes of watching live TV, the screen goes blank, and then a 16:9 sized Pepsi ad (taking up about half the screen) pops up,’ wrote a professed Samsung smart TV owner on Foxtel’s support forums.”

“Samsung explained that these sorts of ads were supposed to be opt-in only and was working with Yahoo to improve the system. ‘We are working with Yahoo to create an opt-in screen prompt specific to their service as soon as possible,’ Samsung told Business Insider, adding that to disable them users should ‘press Menu on your Samsung Remote and scroll to Smart Hub > Terms & Policy > Yahoo Privacy Policy. Scroll to ‘I disagree with the Yahoo Privacy Notice’ and you can toggle the option on to opt-out,'” ,Vincent reports. “The option itself is not only buried so deeply in the TV’s menus that most users wouldn’t find it without prompting, but the language itself seems deliberately confusing; an example of the sort of user interface ‘dark patterns’ that companies use to trick us.”
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith