Liked 82 Times in 58 Posts
    http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/690...rt-per-il-2016

"At the moment I don't know if I will compete in 3 or 5 or 7 wrc races"

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manthey View Post
    http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/690...rt-per-il-2016

"At the moment I don't know if I will compete in 3 or 5 or 7 wrc races"
    from google translate
    Before telling my Spanish Rally, a race in which I have lived a good time, I would like to take this opportunity to clarify the statements that I made on the eve of the race Iberian about my future. Actually, I did not say anything new, but some wanted to embroider a bit 'above. Exactly one year ago it described more or less the same situation, perhaps in the latter occasion I was more determined, because I have improved a lot over the course of this season.

I DO CLARITY ON MY FUTURE
    The present state of things, in 2016 I do not think we can play a lot of evidence of the World, both for reasons of structure and budget, two aspects that are actually connected. This season, I knew from the beginning that it would not be possible to make a full WRC program, then half year I had to structure a team from scratch, complicating even more the problem of the budget. And in 2016, at the time, I see nothing that makes me hope for a leap forward.

WITH A TEAM AND INDIVIDUAL 'HARD
    To fight for important goals, the life of a private team is very tough. It always depends on someone, you do not have control over all technical aspects, and this makes the road very uphill against a team official. Obviously without considering the means available. At present I do not know if I can play, three, five or seven games. Something can always change, but right now this is the state of things, and I have said this on the eve of the Rally of Spain. Then there was talk of my return to the track, but on this front there is nothing new. I often get the offers to return to race at a racetrack, but now there is nothing concrete, and I repeat.

IN SPAIN WITH SOME QUESTIONS
    That said, I come to the harvest of my weekend "Spanish". After the problems we had in the Rally of Germany, due to the machine was not in the specific right, in Corsica, things went much better, although a great opportunity for many reasons it was not materialized. In Spain I got convinced that he can do well, because already last year (in spite of the problems that slowed me down in the dirt) I did well. Doubts on the eve of the Spanish were related to different aspects: the three months since the last time I had run on the ground (the Rally Finland in late July), the new specification tires introduced by Pirelli (a new product all by discover in the race), and finally decide on the setting of the new differential.

I WAS AHEAD, THEN HERE'S THE FIRST PROBLEM ...
    In short, so many irons in the fire, but once we started very well, and we were in the lead after three special. Then, unfortunately, the first cold shower: I found myself stuck in third gear change. We still had 25 km special to do, and we decided to withdraw. But eventually it prevailed the desire however to get to the end, knowing that the general classification was compromised. We managed to get down to the special, and also for the mechanics was good news because the rally of Spain for them is a particular challenge. In this race, about half of the program, you switch on the side of the floor to the asphalt, and when there is a change the mechanics have only 75 minutes to completely change the specification of the machine: in a practice run in the race.

ASPHALT WAS CLOSE TO VOLKSWAGEN!
    We left on asphalt and we went very well, remaining always been close to the Volkswagen and succeeding in some special also keep up front. Then I suffered a brake problem, and I paid a hit against a wall with a broken circle. We have not given up, and the third day we were still waiting at the start of the final power stage, groped for an exploit. Unfortunately I made a mistake of inexperience: a very special winding I have not heard a note talking about because I superimposed on the navigator, and I have not seen a slow corner. I managed to brake, but I touched even if not the guardrail, reporting of damage to the vehicle. We still managed to get to the bottom, overcoming many difficulties including a final gearbox problem.

THREE SPECIAL WON, BUT TOO MANY PROBLEMS AND SOME MISTAKE
    On the one hand I am happy because we won the special on earth, we had the pace. But unfortunately it happened to all, including my mistakes, punctures, the gearbox problem (a fork that actuates the gears) and again we came home without having finished off a result, as often happens lately. If we turn to find the downsides associated with this trip there are many, but there are also positive ones. For the second race in succession a private car at one point was in front of everyone, but I know that people unfortunately see only the negative aspects. I also have to say that considering the reality of our private team that has to face against the factory teams, I would have expected to be fighting for eighth place, and instead we are increasingly close to the front big. And for me it is not a trivial matter.

3. Likes: marcosg (7th November 2015),WUff1 (7th November 2015)
    Liked 171 Times in 99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    That said, I come to the harvest of my weekend "Spanish". After the problems we had in the Rally of Germany, due to the machine was not in the specific right
    Some explanation about the Rally Germany. As far as I know they were driving with front gravel diff the whole rally, they discovered it during preparations for Corsica.
    Last edited by Mariusz; 7th November 2015 at 20:47.

Liked 1,176 Times in 389 Posts
    Yes, they had gravel diff settings in Germany, they do all rebuilds in MSport and are not checking anything after receiving parts.

6. Likes: dimviii (7th November 2015)
    Liked 171 Times in 99 Posts
    I think in this case they had the car rebuilt in Finland.

Liked 1,176 Times in 389 Posts
    They do rebuilds in different parts of the world, sometimes Italy, sometimes Poland or Finland, but main parts they always send to MSport.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    It is good that he abandoned the full program as expected after that complete failure of a season... he learned something at least.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Happy b-day Robert

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    It is good that he abandoned the full program as expected after that complete failure of a season... he learned something at least.
    See? There's hope...that's should be inspiring for all of us.. epsecially those who think they know something about motorsport and think they are involved but are NOT.

Keep trying! Another 20 years maybe you can learn something about competition, maybe enter a village event somewhere..

Maybe.
    But probably maybe NOT.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

12. Likes: Nornbugger (7th December 2015)
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts
    DTM and some WRC events for Robert in 2016 ? : https://twitter.com/Traxx_WiF/status/673842504647708672