Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Throw in 10 nordic drivers and they will all be outpacing all of these three guys. Why don´t we talk about more coming guys than three musketeers...?
    Some tried... There was Jaro Kinnunen who had a good pace, he finished 6th and 4th in 208 cup in 2 gravel events he did in France. There was Taisko Lario who did the whole trophy if I'm not mistaken, his best result was 8th overall. There was SWEDISH Mattias Adielsson, he did a gravel event (Causses - finished 10th in 208 cup) and a tarmac event (retired after crash). Chris Ingram also did some events in the 208 cup, his best result was 5th in the cup (6th in R2) in Limousin (tarmac).

And also on international level, I'm asking myself... Is Jari-Matti Latvala the last flying Finn who will win WRC events? When looking at the future, except for Lappi or a possible miracle for Hänninen it doesn't look so bright...

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Throw in 10 nordic drivers and they will all be outpacing all of these three guys. Why don´t we talk about more coming guys than three musketeers...?
    Like who?
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    It seems this young guy Teemu Suninen from Finland could be very strong. I know nothing about him, just heard about.
    Veiby is another interesting nordic driver, very good pace in MC last week.
    But this is off topic I guess.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    There was a theory that Nordic drivers were the best - I'm not sure it was totally true. However, they were the ones who got all the opportunities; hence their success. There was the well known saying; "If you want to win, get a Finn".

Now we could see an army of French drivers in the WRC.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 301 Times in 212 Posts
    To me Eric Camilli is also the best of all, and I'm a bit gutted he left PSA for Toyota I must admit

Liked 3,788 Times in 1,683 Posts
    Stéphane Lefebvre has one big advantage over his "rivals" in this fight - he is youngest...

7. Likes: AL14 (30th January 2015)
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    Stéphane Lefebvre has one big advantage over his "rivals" in this fight - he is youngest...
    Yes, but both Loeb and Ogier weren't youngest either... For me the whole "age-thing" is overrated. In rallying your career isn't over yet at 32 or something...

9. Likes: janvanvurpa (1st February 2015)
    Liked 133 Times in 64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    From the names you have mentioned, I am sure that the best is still Loeb
    that was quite funny
    lol

http://www.lequipe.fr/Rallye/Actuali...mme-pas/532438 - Interview with Camilli. I translated the most important, nothing extraordinary in it.

About his contract with Toyota: "Perhaps Abbring signing Hyundai made it easier for me. I admit being a bit surprised of what happens to me lately. I have only 2 years of rally-experience, 25 events. It happens very quickly to me, but I have to prove myself first, and learn and improve.

His program for this year: "Thanks to Toyota, I will compete in WRC2 with a Fiesta R5. Next to that we will do test sessions with the Toyota Yaris WRC, on gravel and tarmac, together with Sarrazin and Lindholm. I hope to learn a lot from them, as they are very experienced. Toyota focused on me for the future and wants to build something solid. It's up to me to work a lot and not disappoint them."

About FFSA/Rallye Jeunes: "I owe a big thank you to the FFSA for giving the chance with Rallye Jeunes, which helped many of us. At the moment a lot of people are talking about young drivers like Lefebvre, Gilbert, Rossel and me. It's great for all of us. Everything has been done really great from the base up, with great training and very professional coaching. But there's still a long road ahead of me. This year will be mostly a learning year, especially on gravel. The 4WD car is very different from the 208 R2."

12. Likes: dimviii (30th January 2015),EightGear (30th January 2015),noel157 (11th February 2015)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    How old is Camilli,Lefebvre,Gilbert,Chardo?