Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast
    Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    I didn't realise he was THAT young. He's gone the Latvia route - similar to Tom Cave who gained his early experience out there. He's got another 15 years before he's hitting his prime. No need to rush.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 480 Times in 162 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Raimonds Kisiels, who's going to drive Skoda Fabia R5 in Rally Liepaja, decided to try his new car in Rally Sarma, the first round of Latvian championship. Unfortunaltely Kisiels was humiliated by a 15-year-old kid! The kid is called Kalle Rovanpera, drove Skoda Fabia S2000, won 9 out of 10 stages and the whole rally! Congratulations!

Final results of Rally Sarma:
    1. Kalle Rovanperä/Risto Pietiläinen (FIN) Skoda Fabia S2000 1:05.35,36
    2. Raimonds Kisiels/Arnis Ronis (LV) Skoda Fabia R5 +20,40
    3. Rainer Aus/Simo Koskinen (EE) Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX +1.06,23
    4. Jānis Vorobjovs/Andris Mālnieks (LV) Mitsubishi Mirage Proto +1.48,17
    5. Mārtiņš Svilis/Ivo Pūķis (LV) Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X +2.28,83
    6. Egon Kaur/Erik Lepikson (EE) Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX +3.13,51
    7. Ranno Bundsen/Robert Loštšenikov (EE) Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII +3.20,65
    8. Aron Domżała/Szymon Gospodarczyk (PL) Subaru Impreza WRX STI +3.39,39
    9. Gustav Kruuda/Ken Järveoja (EE) Ford Fiesta R2 +4.54,50
    10. Mait Maarend/Mihkel Kapp (EE) Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X +4.58,68

Some videos are available here:
    http://rajdy.autoklub.pl/news/kalle-bije-mezczyzn,65775

Humiliated... well... if you like expressions like that, I can tell that Rovanpera lost 1 minute in SS2 due to technical issues. Add this minute and you will be absolutely happy. Yes, I don't like that comparison at all. After seeing Rovanpera in Sarma I would say that kid could "humiliate" anyone he want to! Seriously. I am really shocked by what I saw. He's already got pure speed, knows how to keep it and how squeeze all out of the car. What amazed me most - his skill to keep car in straight line in bends and get acceleration in corner exits. Keep eyes on that kid
    Results of "Sarma 2016" - http://lrc.lv/?m=4

3. Likes: dimviii (25th January 2016),Mirek (25th January 2016),pantealex (25th January 2016),Rallyper (29th January 2016),vino_93 (25th January 2016)
    Liked 12,209 Times in 5,242 Posts
    That kid is just massive talent!
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

5. Likes: AL14 (22nd February 2019)
    Liked 3,296 Times in 1,735 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sindroms View Post
    Humiliated... well... if you like expressions like that, I can tell that Rovanpera lost 1 minute in SS2 due to technical issues. Add this minute and you will be absolutely happy. Yes, I don't like that comparison at all. After seeing Rovanpera in Sarma I would say that kid could "humiliate" anyone he want to! Seriously. I am really shocked by what I saw. He's already got pure speed, knows how to keep it and how squeeze all out of the car. What amazed me most - his skill to keep car in straight line in bends and get acceleration in corner exits. Keep eyes on that kid
    Wow! I didn't expect to see my post in this thread

Yes, I know about this 1 minute lost on SS2. That makes Rovanpera's result even more impressive. Yes, I agree, "humiliation" may be too strong of a word, but I thought something must be wrong with all those experienced drivers, if they are beaten by a 15-year old kid almost on each stage
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 3,296 Times in 1,735 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sindroms View Post
    After seeing Rovanpera in Sarma I would say that kid could "humiliate" anyone he want to! Seriously.
    It would be interesting to see him in Rally Liepaja, the first round of the European Championship, where he would be able to compare himself with some better drivers. Unfortunately I read that Rovanpera didn't enter the ERC event, even though he will be present in Liepaja
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 11,151 Times in 4,427 Posts
    I guess he doesn't have international license in his age or does he?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Brno, Moravia, CZ (also near Vienna :-D )
    Liked 254 Times in 129 Posts
    I also think he doesn´t have international license, but anyway he will be there, driving same stages just counted as LRC rounds nr. 2 and nr.3 I hope it will be possible to compare his times a little bit (I know he will be at the tail of the field but anyway...)

BTW. What do you ,baltic boys, think about Nikolay Gryazin? I guess you saw him, so what is your opinion?
    Last edited by liposh; 25th January 2016 at 13:27.
    Visit South Moravia. It is the real paradise

Liked 480 Times in 162 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Wow! I didn't expect to see my post in this thread

Yes, I know about this 1 minute lost on SS2. That makes Rovanpera's result even more impressive. Yes, I agree, "humiliation" may be too strong of a word, but I thought something must be wrong with all those experienced drivers, if they are beaten by a 15-year old kid almost on each stage
    That's what I am saying to all people which are not so much in to rally - there is nothing wrong with those local experienced drivers That kid is nugget and are in right hands to shine in future. Ok, I understand maybe I hype him too much, but after seeing him in these two events (Aluksne, Sarma) my feelings are just like that.

Quote Originally Posted by liposh View Post
    I also think he doesn´t have international license, but anyway he will be there, driving same stages just counted as LRC rounds nr. 2 and nr.3 I hope it will be possible to compare his times a little bit (I know he will be at the tail of the field but anyway...)
    He has only Latvian ASN license (which allows to compete in age under 18) so no ERC for him. It will be interesting to compare him wit ERC top guys, but I don't think it could be objective comparison because of tire differences between ERC (wide tires) and national championship (narrow tires).

Quote Originally Posted by liposh View Post
    BTW. What do you ,baltic boys, think about Nikolay Gryazin? I guess you saw him, so what is your opinion?
    Talented, quick learning guy. Seriously funded and coached by his father. I like him driving so far.

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
    It might be the first time (ever?) that the fastest 4WD and the fastest 2WD were both minors. . .

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    A new Solberg in a Subaru!

Oliver has struck a deal with Subaru on driving in the USA. On his own!

https://www.motorsportforums.com/sho...7-Rally-in-USA

I guess his future plan is to come into WRC2 from 2020. He turns 18 in september.
    A busy periode for him now, with rally in Latvia, rallycross Nordic, and publisity work for his new film "Born 2 Drive"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyHofd1KQyI

He has talent, lets see how far he will go.