Thread: Guessing Game

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts

Guessing Game

F1 needs 1000bhp - but not at any cost, says @NobleF1: http://bit.ly/1z6qPFn #F1

- Autosport, via Twitter. 29th Jan 2015.

I think that this picture is the beginning of the 1986 German GP and that that's Berger in the Benetton in the lead. That Ferrari doing weird things is Johansson?
    Do I win a cookie?
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    '86, eh? So that would be Prost coming up Berger's behind?
    Following that is, what, a Renault, driven by Piquet or Mansell?
    I'm confused. In '86 was Renault not swapping spit with Lotus under the black and gold JPS covers?

Good photo though.
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    I read where Christian Horner said they could probably get 1000 hp out of the current motors if they let them have a higher fuel flow rate and higher RMP.

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke View Post
    '86, eh? So that would be Prost coming up Berger's behind?
    Following that is, what, a Renault, driven by Piquet or Mansell?
    I'm confused. In '86 was Renault not swapping spit with Lotus under the black and gold JPS covers?

Good photo though.
    No it is Rosberg coming up behing Berger. Mansell is in the Red 5 Williams (5th) and Piquet in the white 6 Williams. In 86 Lotus were in their final year with JPS, so the cars were still black. It was 87 when they were in Camel yellow. You can see Johnny Dumfries' Lotus outside of Alliots Ligier.

Senna is already out of shot and screaming towards the first corner in the other Lotus, so sorry Rollo since Berger isn't in the lead, I can't give you a cookie

Interesting to see the teams that never made it, the likes of Zakspeed (palmer and Rotthegatter) and F.O.R.C.E. (Beatrice) (Jones and Tambay)
    Last edited by anfield5; 29th January 2015 at 20:18.

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield5 View Post
    No it is Rosberg coming up behing Berger. Mansell is in the Red 5 Williams (5th) and Piquet in the white 6 Williams. In 86 Lotus were in their final year with JPS, so the cars were still black. It was 87 when they were in Camel yellow. You can see Johnny Dumfries' Lotus outside of Alliots Ligier.

Senna is already out of shot and screaming towards the first corner in the other Lotus, so sorry Rollo since Berger isn't in the lead, I can't give you a cookie ...
    Ah, thanks anfield, that explains it. I too was fooled by Rollo's cookie addiction .
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    I'd knew that this could only be '85 or '86 precisely because there were black Lotii and McLarens 1 & 2; it also must have been '86 because in '85 it was Lauda¹ in 1 and Prost in 2. I could also only think of two circuits where the pits were on the left hand side of the camera like that and since I think that the British GP was at Brands Hatch, it must have been Hockenheim.

And the reason I don't get a cookie:

Senna is already out of shot and screaming towards the first corner in the other Lotus, so sorry Rollo since Berger isn't in the lead, I can't give you a cookie
    Bureaucrat Anfield5², you are technically correct - the best kind of correct. Damn the things not seen in shot.

¹Or Watson
    ²Anfield 5, must also be Red 5
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I'd knew that this could only be '85 or '86 precisely because there were black Lotii and McLarens 1 & 2; it also must have been '86 because in '85 it was Lauda¹ in 1 and Prost in 2. I could also only think of two circuits where the pits were on the left hand side of the camera like that and since I think that the British GP was at Brands Hatch, it must have been Hockenheim.

Bureaucrat Anfield5², you are technically correct - the best kind of correct. Damn the things not seen in shot.

¹Or Watson
    The reason I am Anfield 5 is two-fold. One is because I was a Mansell fan while he was at Williams and I am from Liverpool

¹Or Watson
    Austia also has the pits on the 'wrong' side of the track. But the photo can't be from the Osterriechring becuase both Benettons were at the front and one Brabham (Warwick) didn't start

¹Or Watson
    In '85 Watson had one start fro McLaren in the European GP at Brands Hatch, replacing an indisposed Lauda