Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Liked 128 Times in 34 Posts
    I don't know if I should go to Deutschland Rallye. I'm from Germany and it's easy to reach so actually I should go.
    But it's always stressful with the marshals and self-appointed sheriffs.
    Been there 2005, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2011. Time to go again? I don't know.
    http://patrik-pangerl.com
    World Rally Photography since 2005

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    I'm staying in a gite in Belgium for the Belgian GP next week (was originally going to Rally Deutschland but couldn't find anyone else to go with) - Anyway although Fri-Sun will be spent at Spa there is the possibility of a trip to Konz for shakedown. I was there in 2013 and the place I was spectating was a bit uninspiring so can anyone give me the coordinates of a good place on the SD stage and where the best parking to access it is. Reference the Planet Marcus Google Earth stuff if possible
    Thanks
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 94 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Will be good to see the Fabia R5 in tarmac-spec... should look great.
    There will be a serious Fabia R5 battle taking place looking forward to that. They probably hired Kopecky as Tarmac reference for Lappi, but don't know if he can keep up with him to be honest. I think the choice to give Lappi a go instead of Pontus is a clue for next year...The Nasser car is by far the prettiest livery. Fabian Kreim has the chance to show his potential and Kremer did very well last year by being reliable and steady, hope the old man will do very well against the young Fabia wolves.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ounin View Post
    There will be a serious Fabia R5 battle taking place looking forward to that. They probably hired Kopecky as Tarmac reference for Lappi, but don't know if he can keep up with him to be honest. I think the choice to give Lappi a go instead of Pontus is a clue for next year...The Nasser car is by far the prettiest livery. Fabian Kreim has the chance to show his potential and Kremer did very well last year by being reliable and steady, hope the old man will do very well against the young Fabia wolves.
    Kopecký and Tidemand share same number of WRC events. Each one four while Lappi is doing eight. Kopecký has been part of Škoda team since Lappi was eleven years old and therefore saying that he was hired to show something to Lappi sounds quite funny
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

5. Likes: pantealex (12th August 2015)
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    I'm staying in a gite in Belgium for the Belgian GP next week (was originally going to Rally Deutschland but couldn't find anyone else to go with) - Anyway although Fri-Sun will be spent at Spa there is the possibility of a trip to Konz for shakedown. I was there in 2013 and the place I was spectating was a bit uninspiring so can anyone give me the coordinates of a good place on the SD stage and where the best parking to access it is. Reference the Planet Marcus Google Earth stuff if possible
    Thanks
    The shakedown in Konz is the most boring shakedown you can imagine, unfortunately. I would be surprised if anyone could give you a nice spot to spectate there... Since shakedown is in Konz, we're not visiting it anymore. Shakedown in Sauertal (close to friday's first stage) was great, pitty that's not run anymore... So we're arriving on thursday night.

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    The shakedown in Konz is the most boring shakedown you can imagine, unfortunately. I would be surprised if anyone could give you a nice spot to spectate there... Since shakedown is in Konz, we're not visiting it anymore. Shakedown in Sauertal (close to friday's first stage) was great, pitty that's not run anymore... So we're arriving on thursday night.
    Thanks Tom - what I thought in 2013, but hoped there might be a better point than that I'd been at then! Would like a WRC fix though ;-)
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 2,841 Times in 1,614 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    Thanks
    Why do F1 womens cup collide with real men WRC events all the time? Bad planning from FIA it is!!
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Why do F1 womens cup collide with real men WRC events all the time? Bad planning from FIA it is!!
    Technically due to the WRC's (stupid) early finish rule on Sunday's they don't clash. But I know what you mean. I was going to head up to Spa on the Sunday but have opted to do both runs of Dhrontal instead.

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    Well, last year Konz had its charm. Afterwards I asked Neuville how many rolls he counted, I counted seven. He corrected and showed six with his two hands. But prior to that, that place was veeeeeery dull indeed.

For two years we spectated at the last hairpin right. Okeyish. For a long view and sausage, "the stadium" is nice, but it definitely gives no WRC fix. It's only a short walk from the last hairpin right. Hopefully one year again the shakedown would be somewhere else.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Liked 90 Times in 55 Posts
    Video of Ogier's test today in Germany:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwAZHkzuT5A

12. Likes: rallye-vid (11th August 2015)