Page 41 of 71 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    MJW
    Quote Originally Posted by wia5958 View Post
    I would say meeke will be at citroen next year. With no sign of them developing a 2017 car what driver will be willing to go on a 1 year contract to a car that by the end of this season will be very much out of date. Bring lefubre up to the first team?? Doubtfull not enough seat time in wr car. And if citroen want to fight for that second place in manufactur championship they will need a driver with speed as neuville paddon tanak and evans will all b there or there abouts. Especially with up to date cars. Ostberg will keep his seat purely as a safety net to pick up points but can easily see him being outpaced by the 4 mentioned previosly. Just my opinion
    my opinion is IF Citroen plan to be in WRC 2017 then I expect 2016 line up to be Loeb (part programme and development) Lefebrve and Lappi. No Citroen in 2017? The Meeke and Ostberg in 2016

Liked 227 Times in 119 Posts
    M-Sport miles off the pace as usual.

Liked 149 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wia5958 View Post
    I would say meeke will be at citroen next year. With no sign of them developing a 2017 car what driver will be willing to go on a 1 year contract to a car that by the end of this season will be very much out of date. Bring lefubre up to the first team?? Doubtfull not enough seat time in wr car. And if citroen want to fight for that second place in manufactur championship they will need a driver with speed as neuville paddon tanak and evans will all b there or there abouts. Especially with up to date cars. Ostberg will keep his seat purely as a safety net to pick up points but can easily see him being outpaced by the 4 mentioned previosly. Just my opinion
    Your thoughts seem to make sense. Are you sure the Citroen is out of date? I think Loeb showed us it's not, rather recently. Ok it's maybe a bit behind the VW. I agree with you
    http://wrcbehindthestages.blogspot.com

Liked 80 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Antony Warmbold View Post
    Your thoughts seem to make sense. Are you sure the Citroen is out of date? I think Loeb showed us it's not, rather recently. Ok it's maybe a bit behind the VW. I agree with you
    Antony, I think you know enough to know that Loebs Monte pace was very event specific and not a true reflection of where the car is

It seems to me the car has the potential to be good but the whole package isn't there completely. Perhaps the lead driver isn't where he should be on the psychological level, and I would say the car is maybe not as "fresh" as it could be.

Liked 171 Times in 99 Posts
    It's nice that there no Rally2 WRC drivers for tomorrow, that's definitely a positive for such a difficult rally. Let's hope for some more fun tomorrow

Maybe you are right. The Citroën is behind the VW.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Although I'm of course pleased I'm also quite surprised how easily Kopecký today destroyed the competition in WRC2. Winning all stages and having nearly 1,5 minute lead after day one looks near ridiculous. Also considering his last Rally Germany was 2007 (I know he was extremely fast there already back then).
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

9. Likes: marcosg (21st August 2015)
    Liked 35 Times in 19 Posts
    What happened to Kreim?
    https://www.facebook.com/GRallynews

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Although I'm of course pleased I'm also quite surprised how easily Kopecký today destroyed the competition in WRC2. Winning all stages and having nearly 1,5 minute lead after day one looks near ridiculous. Also considering his last Rally Germany was 2007 (I know he was extremely fast there already back then).
    I suppose he will be in cruise mode tomorrow a la Lappi in Poland and Finland.