Page 65 of 71 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Sorry Mirek, we see things from both sides. Nothing less. So Kopecky should have been 30 secs after Lappi on last stage as well, you think?
    If he felt comfortable with that why not? I know that Jan prefers to keep some reasonable speed to make less mistakes but other may have it different. It's absolutely silly to come a to a conclusion that the winner is slow because he cruised through the last stage having near 10 minutes lead. Griebel could have go through the stage on reverse if he liked to do so and he would still win.

Emil shows pace better than anyone i RC4 even on tarmac.
    This event showed nothing. Fiesta R2T is a joke compared to Adam in speed and the two were fighting only for first three or four stages (where Griebel was ahead). After that first Griebel hit problems and later also Bergkvist. JERC events are different story as there is completely different level of competition. There Emil proved himself. Here not. There was nobody to fight with except Griebel and it was Griebel who won.

Besides I´m a fan of everyone showing guts and mental stregth.
    So please don't make silly assumption like now...
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

2. Likes: dimviii (23rd August 2015),PLuto (23rd August 2015)
    Liked 39 Times in 25 Posts

4. Likes: lewalcindor (24th August 2015)
    Liked 34 Times in 15 Posts
    Well that was a dull rally after Finland. Doubt Australia will be much better, and then boring Corsica after it!
    Twitter - @Rallycameraman

MJW
    Quote Originally Posted by 306 Cosworth View Post
    Well that was a dull rally after Finland. Doubt Australia will be much better, and then boring Corsica after it!
    Watch this

Quote Originally Posted by marcosg View Post
    I don't think that is dull at all, - watch the above video.
    OK Australia could well be dull, I have never taken to an Eastern Rally Australia, Perth was a good event.

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    If he felt comfortable with that why not? I know that Jan prefers to keep some reasonable speed to make less mistakes but other may have it different. It's absolutely silly to come a to a conclusion that the winner is slow because he cruised through the last stage having near 10 minutes lead. Griebel could have go through the stage on reverse if he liked to do so and he would still win.

This event showed nothing. Fiesta R2T is a joke compared to Adam in speed and the two were fighting only for first three or four stages (where Griebel was ahead). After that first Griebel hit problems and later also Bergkvist. JERC events are different story as there is completely different level of competition. There Emil proved himself. Here not. There was nobody to fight with except Griebel and it was Griebel who won.

So please don't make silly assumption like now...
    Well, well, explanations, explanations. Time will tell. I hope both guys will develope to be top drivers in the future. They are very equal. For sure. Let´s wait and see.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Last edited by dimviii; 23rd August 2015 at 17:04.

Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    For sure...VW didn't previously won in Germany and they were easily doing 1-2-3. Makes all sense to let your drivers fight like maniacs!

I really feel sorry for Latvala. He's the only guy that can give a fight to Ogier but the pressure of knowing that the french is the clear favorite in VW team is a heavy burden.

Nice perf from Sordo and Evans in a no story rally...
    Rally addict since 1982

11. Likes: Rallyper (23rd August 2015)
    Liked 39 Times in 25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    I really feel sorry for Latvala. He's the only guy that can give a fight to Ogier but the pressure of knowing that the french is the clear favorite in VW team is a heavy burden.
    i wouldn´t be so sure that's the case... i doubt it is...

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Nice rally. Ogier deserved it and good drive by Latvala that did not throws points away as always but understood Seb was just too fast (although he was loosing everything on that moment on PS).
    Nice drive in WRC2 for Sordo which won in his class and very good debut by Lefebvre, didn't expect such pace from him.
    Sordo, WRC 2?
    Ok the Hyundai isn't the fastest and yes, they are building an R5 car but calling him a WRC 2 driver is a tad much.

Maybe you were ironic since vw is a class of their own.