Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Class move of the week

Juan Pablo Montoya, driver of the #42 Havoline Dodge for Chip Ganassi-Felix Sabates racing, paying to tribute to another 42, Jackie Robinson, on the 60th anniversary of Jackie Robinson's first day as an African-American Major League baseball player. Nicely done, JPM.
    "Racing is life. Everything before or after, is just waiting." Steve McQueen, Le Mans

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    not his move on stewart then?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colinspooky
    not his move on stewart then?
    That wasn't bad either...
    "Racing is life. Everything before or after, is just waiting." Steve McQueen, Le Mans

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    JPM is faring far better than I thought he would as a driver so far, but this move to honour Robinson may or may not have been some PR flack's idea, or it may be JPM's but I do know I like it, and kudo's for Montoya for understanding it...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    JPM is faring far better than I thought he would as a driver so far, but this move to honour Robinson may or may not have been some PR flack's idea, or it may be JPM's but I do know I like it, and kudo's for Montoya for understanding it...
    I think JPM understands quite well. I suspect his entry into NASCAR brought him some apprehensions; I bet some of his friends in F1 and elsewhere warned him about "those rednecks". But while the NASCAR of today is far different from the NASCAR of, say, Wendell Scott, I'm sure the irony of him driving a car with #42 on it like Jackie Robinson is not lost on him. JPM is adapting quite well. I suspect he'll do very well at Sonoma and Watkins Glen, as well as Indianapolis, where he has won before and he'll get plenty of prctice on ovals...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Gordon gets win number 76 and ties Dale Earhardt, sr. Next in range are Bobby Allison and DW with 84 wins........after passing Cale Yarbrough.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    I wonder if JPM knew Robinson on his own or he was told to pull a PR trick.
    .................................................. ..................................................