Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 646 Times in 348 Posts
    Interesting to see where the event will end up in. They have calendar slot reserved for them and precious little time to come up with an WRC grade event - so I think their choices are rather limited.

On "no two French events, please" -question. It is true that they do have an almost fully French event in Monte Carlo and maybe should not have another. Question 1: which should go, Monte or the other one? Monte is so classic and specialized event that I'd hate to lose it despite some shortcomings (which include but are not limited to snow shoveling fans).
    Question 2: who should get the slot if not France? It's true that since calendar was shrunk from 16 to 13 there are some past events that could be included but also some new ones too. But are any of those really good ones? There are few which I miss but bear in mind that most were dropped for a reason, economics being the most obvious one.

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    As MCR is substantially French, my view is that if France has a second rally it should be fundamentally different to Rallye Deutschland. Maybe have a cross border event that could take the Ypres roads and use the best stages south of Lille for a tarmac event that would have a distinct character
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Rallye Limousin was a candidate event together with Alsace, before 2010. Limousin would be geographically perfect. It's as far from Monte-Carlo as Alsace, and it's much farther away from Germany. Also the stages are at least as nice as in Alsace, in my opinion... But as always, money talks...

http://t.co/ljs5qfEK5C Decision about Tour de Corse on February 5 and 6... All about the money (2 million euros in total).

Liked 3,789 Times in 1,684 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    Rallye Limousin was a candidate event together with Alsace, before 2010. Limousin would be geographically perfect. It's as far from Monte-Carlo as Alsace, and it's much farther away from Germany. Also the stages are at least as nice as in Alsace, in my opinion... But as always, money talks...
    "stages are as nice as in Alsace" - I dont think this is the winning thing for Limousin...

At least as nice... Alsace has better stages to offer than what the organisers are using..

Liked 213 Times in 107 Posts
    I think Limousin is better than Alsace ... if the good roads are used. It's more bumpy, more tricky, ... to be honest I would enjoy it, but I doubt there will be WRC there.

They are working on a new project for 2016 (after ending their FRC round), I suppose they want an ERC spot, WRC would be complicated if Corsica is in the place (and it seems it will be the case).

Liked 77 Times in 41 Posts
    According to Rallye Magazin, the Corsica Rally is proposing an itinerary of only 5(!) special stages for a total distance of 300km. That would be 4 time 70km and a 20km power stage.

http://www.rallye-magazin.de/rallyes...gen/index.html

Liked 979 Times in 340 Posts
    Haha..1 stage on Friday, 2 on saturday and 2 on sunday. Some exciting rally.....great value for money if you're going to watch.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    It is good it left Alsace then...

If this is true it is a nice answer to the clown fans who want useless events designed for autistic dogs just because they have history.. but it might have a lot of hairpins for them to be happy.

i really hope its a joke though.