Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 352 Times in 208 Posts
    Any new comments on the game?
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

So...... a joke right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ousxIO3V3m0

Grass/plants still going through the WRCars?

What is this Dirt Game and why can't I have it on console?!

WRC4 was much better than this WRC5 released...

Liked 1,243 Times in 675 Posts
    Nothing groundbreaking in this game. Time for other developers please.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

4. Likes: Jack4688` (16th October 2015)
    Liked 140 Times in 86 Posts
    That is hilarious how bad that game is! The sound of the engine, the way the car moves about and the disjointed co-driver speech. Even 'onto', ONE WORD, is split into 'on-to'. The fact that WRC still gives these people a licence stinks of corruption a bit to me haha

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I don't think the graphics are too bad (in so far as I've seen worse) and the sound of the car isn't a million miles away. However the co-driver is awful and you can tell just from the video that the physics aren't right. When you put this against Dirt Rally (a game which is theoretically still a beta) then it's straight up embarrassing.

What really hammers it home is that I was reading the Codies blog earlier about how they did the co-driver. Paul Coleman did the notes but they put him in a force feedback chair, wearing a helmet and alongside a guy driving the stage, so have stage is specific (rather than recording the key words and then editing together). Not only that but they would do 2 passes through each stage with the FFB at a high level, 2 passes at medium and then a pass with no FFB at all for if you're going slowly. The upshot is that you actually get the urgency and the whole thing flows so much better. You don't even need to watch a stage to the first split to realise that WRC5 isn't even close to that kind of effort.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 140 Times in 86 Posts
    That's impressive, on WRC 5 it sounds like when you ring a phone number that is unavailable and each syllable has been recorded on it's own. They've recorded 'in' 'on' and 'to' separately to create the words 'into' and 'onto'. That's just asking for trouble...

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    I can't believe people are still paying money for something so incredibly shitty.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Like a lot of other game they had bad priorities. For example, they spent time, effort and resources on secondary issues like changing weather conditions or night stages instead of dedicate them to car physics (clearly bad watching at videos, especially on gravel) and gameplay, that should be the first priorities in a rally game.

Also I don't understand why the car becomes so much bigger when you break. Do they want to represent the elevating of the back of the car? It is very weird...

It hurt so much to play...

The sound...

That co-driver...

I cannot even handbrake a corner! WRC 3 was OK, WRC 4 of recent it finally worked and I could slide around in Monte for example and gravel rounds...

WRC 5, the car just over steers and you can't use the hand brake unless the car is just about to stop! Car control is hopeless... Such pity...

There was one more thing...

Oh! WRC 5 seems like a cartoon! Nothing realistic about it. Seriously, I thought it was a cartoon type game! WRC 4 was more realistic than this new game.

Liked 824 Times in 372 Posts
    If interested you can join this league, it will make playing probably a bit better than..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1023...group_activity