Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts

R.I.P. Formula One (1950-2014)

Reports are coming in that the toad from Suffolk has dodged another bullet as Paul Walsh walks away from plans to be installed as CVC's executoive director in a bid to get rid of Ecclestone. Obviously, the senile old tyrrant has enough blackmail material on CVC and once again coerced them into caving in to his demands, which would have left Walsh with being little more than a representative figure.
    So we all look on as F1 is dying a slow agonizing death, while there is still no-one who removes this ulcer from humanities arse. The Grim reaper should have done so by now, but he's obviously gone AWOL.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

2. Likes: GravettFan99 (13th January 2015),rjbetty (17th December 2014),Warriwa (17th December 2014)
    Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster View Post
    The Grim reaper should have done so by now.........
    That's all class.

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster View Post
    The Grim reaper should have done so by now......
    Knowing Bernie he probably paid him off to get off his case!

5. Likes: GravettFan99 (13th January 2015),kfzmeister (10th January 2015),rjbetty (17th December 2014)
    Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Yes, this is all a real shame. I canīt be too happy that this sport is run by someone who is happy Marussia are gone and who deplores any sort of retirements or thrills and spills in a race, believing them "unprofessional".

Í donīt know why he canīt just play bowls and chill out like other old people do... :/
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

7. Likes: jens (20th December 2014)
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    F1 has been dying in my eyes since 2003 in many ways. That seemed to be when "The Show" was first mentioned.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

9. Likes: jens (20th December 2014)
    Liked 41 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    F1 has been dying in my eyes since 2003 in many ways. That seemed to be when "The Show" was first mentioned.
    I see it as changing in ways that I'm not necessarily happy with but is that going to see the end of F1?

I don't actually think F1 will ever die and its because of the "show" aspect. As a show it is beautiful people performing in a goldfish bowl whilst a peasant (me) has his nose firmly pressed against the glass looking in. I think technology and rules will sometimes give F1 a trip to the hospital but the patient will inevitably recover. The definition of F1 has always been an evolution.

Think of the America's Cup. Purists are likely flipping out but the yachts of today bear no resemblance to the yachts of 30 years ago. The America's Cup is still one of the premier yachting contests and lusted over by very rich people the world over. There is only one America's Cup and there is only one F1 WCC.

I've never had an issue with Mr Ecclestone heading up F1 but do feel that his succession planning might need firming up. If asked, I would do the job exactly as Bernie tells me to. If others have a problem with that condition then I can understand Bernie not wanting to hand the keys to the manor over just yet.

And you know what, F1 is safe as long as the Steveak13's of the world do things like "Rate the Race" and the Mark's of the world run good forums.

Good fun and all good for F1.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    F1 is dying in terms of popularity as its slipped to a 15 year low. Blame greed and crap TV coverage in its biggest markets for that along with Mickey Mouse regulations.

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    Bernie is a master businessman and he is going to hold on to power as long as he can.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

13. Likes: A FONDO (18th December 2014)
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyzars View Post

And you know what, F1 is safe as long as the Steveak13's of the world do things like "Rate the Race" and the Mark's of the world run good forums.

Good fun and all good for F1.
    What do you think Mark? On this basis could we get a share of F1 profits?
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    The Dwarf ain't likely to hand the reigns over to anyone yet !The amount of his wealth is grotesque ! Where is he registered for tax returns ,or is he above the law that all us mortals are ?