Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: McLaren MP4-30

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of the red in the livery. looks a bit out of place imo.
    Also, the mclaren and force india are going to be hard to tell apart.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kfzmeister View Post
    Could that be the big sponsor that Dennis is supposed to land? Red and white livery would be a nice touch. Retro, like the way Lotus and Williams have gone
    Lotus haven't gone retro. Lotus does not exist as a racing team. THe black thing isn't even called Lotus by the people who work there. They call it the Enstone team. The Lotus badges on the thing are due to a sponsorship agreement with Proton and a re a sick marketing ploy to attract gullible supporters, who somehow think that the team is Lotus. If the Enstone team went retro the car would be red and blue like the Toleman that it was. [ok rant over....}

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    I am VERY surprised it is silver (mercedes clothes). I wouldn't be too surprised if the car looks different than this when it races eg white and red instead. Currently it just looks like last years clothes on next years horse.
    Last edited by anfield5; 29th January 2015 at 20:20.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Dear McLaren,
    I am bitterly disappointed with your decision to still sport a silver arrows look. Given that your ex-favourite son Hamilton won the World Drivers' Championship last year, why now celebrate a livery from his previous title in 2007?
    This was a chance to bite your thumb at both Hamilton and Mercedes for leaving you and painting the town a different colour. I would have though that just like the past the future's bright the future's orange but apparently not.

Two thumbs down; Major Fail.

Love Rollo.
    PS: I definitely did not kiss the editor of the Radio Times.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Pretty disappointing livery if thats the final one. Last seasons was dull, but given the blaze of glory about Honda returing you would think they would try harder.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    I'm not convinced that it is the final paintjob. I've read reports that suggest that it is simply an interim color. Their trucks are still plain colored and may suggest that something is still coming.
    I would definitely welcome something different than the current.
    I guess they are running all black for testing still??
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Now it is being reported that this might not be the final livery.......

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mc...ralia/?v=2&s=1

Apparently negotiations with Santander are still ongoing, so it's possible we could see them, and their colors, on the McLaren by the time we get to Melbourne.

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    McLaren just tweeted that "Ron said our livery will change" accompanied with an orange racecar.

Edit: Ron said there had been discussions about orange but florescent red had "much more heritage than any other" for the team
    Last edited by kfzmeister; 1st February 2015 at 17:37.
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Looking over the Motorsports.com coverage of testing, all the new cars look terrific. Getting the nose back down on the deck looks a whole lot better to me.

McLaren usually has one of the nicest looking cars on the grid, but this year it doesn't really stand out from the others. So far I like the Torro Rosso best, though it is hard to tell what the Red Bull looks like because they have a camouflage scheme on it. They always seem to have a good looking car.

I know it's a shallow thing to like or dislike cars based on their appearance, but F1 cars are supposed to be sexy, and I think the new noses are a big step in that direction.
    Last edited by Doc Austin; 1st February 2015 at 18:14.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Hope they can run a few laps today, electrical problems on day one they say. Heating problems to is my say, tight packed chassi or the Engine is very small. Will be interesting today, how many laps will they do? My guess, 22.