Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

Unhappy Cricketer Phillip Hughes dies

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/30219440

All of us on here are aware of the risks competitors put themselves through when they compete in motorsport and serious injury and even death has always been part of the sport.

But you don't expect to die playing a game of cricket, but that's exactly what happened to Phillip Hughes after being struck by the ball.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Has happened in cricket before, but a pretty freak thing to happen especially to a test level player! very sad.

I thought of Bianchi and Schumi and how they are faring after getting a head injury and perhaps it was for the best that this young guy and his family did not go through the same prolonged state of agony.

I guess the bowler who bowled the bouncer is also very unlucky that he has to carry on with this on his mind with what happened not really his mistake.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Sad day for world cricket and for Australian sport in particular. Absolute freakish accident 1/1000000 type of thing. My thoughts are with the Hughes family and all those close to Phil. Special prayer for Sean Abbott, he will have to live with this for the rest of his life, and he did absolutely nothing wrong. It must be devastating for him and has undoubtedly changed his life in a completely negative way. All I can say to Sean is we are all behind you and supporting you as well.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Shocking and sad are an understatement. Such an aggresive batsmen who showed plenty of fight I just expected him to pull through. When I arrived at work to be told he passed away I was gutted. Still had so much to give, and was in line for a return to the Australia team.

And, as already said, a freakish 1/1,000,000 chance. How his team mates and the poor bowler move on is anybodys guess.

RIP Phil Hughes

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Incredibly sad story.

One must feel for Abbott as well in times like these.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 112 Times in 94 Posts
    Terrible news.

RIP

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    So sad. For the family and friends, but also for Cricket and the young bowler. He will be traumatised by this for the rest of his life I imagine. When the fact is it was nothing he is responsible for.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Taken the jam out of the donut for everyone down here, including those not interested in cricket. There's a sports radio station down here that l've listened to since it began in 04 (SEN1116). Even though the first day of the station coincided with the death of David Hookes, and there's been prominent former/sports stars/personalities that have passed away since. The only other time I've heard the presenters be so downbeat, sombre, was when news of a young girl got thrown off the Westgate bridge by her mentally ill father.

The presenters at the time (David Schwarz and Mark Allen) made the call for those with driving to put their lights on as a mark of respect. Within an hour, quite a number of cars were driving around Melbourne with their headlights on.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Obviously people in their 20s die all the time, but it always seems more tragic when it's a sportsman. They are supposed to be the pinnacle of human-kind compared to us mere mortals. Even though we know facing a 90mph cricket ball, racing a car at 200mph or stepping into a boxing ring are dangerous, it just shows how vulnerable we all are to tragedy.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    If you didn't know. It would've been his birthday today.