Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 11,151 Times in 4,427 Posts
    More weight behind rear axle really isn't good idea for safety. Not only in case of crash but also for a lot harder correction of sudden unwanted oversteering. I don't know how it's in other countries but here in CZ most of serious accidents happened due to hi-speed oversteer after bad rebound of rear axle, some dirt on the road etc. Maybe we have here somebody with driving experience with Porsches. I bet those must be wicked cars due to the weight behind rear axle combined with RWD.

Actually more natural understeer may be better for spectacle in my opinion. Nose heavy cars just don't turn so they need some powerslides or handbrake turns to do the job.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

2. Likes: tommeke_B (26th November 2014)
    Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    Eeeh, the hammer wasn’t the best comparison. What I had in my mind was the group A cars when the drivers had to do some more to turn the car (Nordic flick) than just turning the steering wheel. This doesn’t mean that I wish the return of the group A format.

Off topic but….

Unfortunately I don’t have any experience from a Porsche but from VW 1600 Variant I have because my father had one in the beginning of the 70’s. I don’t remember was it the first or second winter I had my driver licence when I arrived to a wide 90 degree bend and I decided to try a little bit of sliding because there wasn’t any behind me and no one coming from the opposite direction. I pushed the throttle little too long and suddenly the front was pointing to the direction from where I was coming from.

The other one was more serious. It was an asphalt right in the spring and probably there was still some gravel on the road from the gravelling of the road during the winter. I came to the bend too fast and the suddenly the front was pointing to a field that was about one meter lower than the road. Due to the rebound (the Nordic flick ) the car turned the other way and hit a bank with front first. From there it bounced back and hit the same bank with the rear. OMG I was lucky that the car didn’t had any major damages because I think my father wouldn’t allowed me to drive it anymore.

Youth experiences
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Right!
    Last edited by Sladden; 26th January 2015 at 16:28.

5. Likes: COD (1st December 2014),makinen_fan (30th November 2014)
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    What did we learn from Monte Carlo in this regard!?

Seems like all teams have paddle shifters on their latest models. Maybe not Huyndai because their update comes later? But the camera angles did not reveal much on the driver updates.

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    So we were meant to hear about the new rules at the turn of the year, and now we are well into March? Any rumours/news of when we will hear something?