Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    [quo
    Last edited by Tazio; 25th November 2014 at 13:35.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    My prediction is that Honda will produce a top-notch engine.. can't see how they would fail to do so given that they've had an extra year to develop it and they know exactly what they are aiming for.

And the second part of that prediction is that Mercedes will suddenly change their stance on engine development rules.

I really hope someone is closer to Mercedes next year, it's not really been a classic season this one.

I also hope both Marussia and Caterham survive in some form. It would seem like a 'no-brainer' for anyone wanting to come in to F1 to buy one of these teams who already have established facilities and a car under development for next year.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Oh, so many thoughts already here.

Quote Originally Posted by kfzmeister View Post
    Read some comments above about Ferrari/ Allison's package possibly 2nd? I think this is wishful thinking. I read an article a while back that suggested that the Ferrari could actually be slower next year.
    The exact point in my mind is not whether Ferrari is second fastest or not (may be a stretch), but they will be better than 2014. They are a legendary big-budgeted team, who has reached its low. Today, Alonso 9th and Räikkönen 10th? No, I don't think they'll get worse/slower than that. For everyone there is a low. Like for Ferrari themselves 1980 and 1992 were and they were better in subsequent seasons. You have a tough period in general, but one year, which is specifically dark among others. Especially after rule changes, because Ferrari was specifically average in 2009 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    My prediction is that Honda will produce a top-notch engine.. can't see how they would fail to do so given that they've had an extra year to develop it and they know exactly what they are aiming for.
    Often those things are not so clear-cut. Reminds me when Toyota entered F1, they didn't enter immediately, but took a full extra year (2001) to specifically test the car without actually racing. Still they were average, when they entered in 2002.

In the end it will depend on the quality of the engine department. But I don't know how good it is. But just because the name is Honda, doesn't automatically mean anything. Ferrari and Renault are also big manufacturers with even bigger F1 tradition, but look at them now.

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    The safest prediction now is that Ferrari will collect a bit under 150 points.

6. Likes: journeyman racer (24th November 2014)
    My safest prediction is that Mercedes will be WDC and WCC in 2015. I'd be pretty surprised if that didn't happen, though I have been surprised before too! Maybe some major politics and regulation fixes come in winter to "make F1 play on an even playing field."

When can we expect a decision on three car teams for next year? I suppose it's unlikely.

The McLaren-Honda test car will run in this weeks Abu-Dhabi test with Stoffel Vandoorne behind the wheel.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    The Red Bull-Renault-Mattel will test the flying car in January, with hover technology.

"Where we're going, we don't need roads. Red Bull really does give you wings."
    - Daniel Ricciardo

It is 2015
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

11. Likes: rjbetty (25th November 2014)
    Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Mercedes - Engine for next year is apparently much better than this year's. This should worry other teams. Chassis only has to be as good as this year's to ensure they have the complete package again, need to work out the reliability kinks that hit them from time to time this year. Hamilton will be hard to stop, he is a confidence driver, and he is not short on this at the moment. Nico is good enough to beat him though.
    PREDICTION - drivers champions and constructors champions again

Red Bull Racing. Renault need to up their game and be close to or equal with Mercedes. RBR have always had a good car, but with Newey stepping aside, will the 2015 chassis be up to his high standards. Ricciardo has shown this year he is a future champion. Kyv is in many ways an unknown, he looks good for STR, much like Ricci did last year so?
    PREDICTION - Race wins for Ricci and podiums for Kyv, but no title challenge

Williams - Great '14 season need to contunue to improve. Their car worked well at certain tracks, they need to make it work across the board like Mercedes did. Bottas is a special talent and should be winning races, Massa will have one final fling and be replaced by JEV at seasons end.
    PREDICTION - Race win/s a possibility for Bo77as, Massa to be his usual reliable self.

Ferrari - Cant be much worse than thism season. Hopefully the engine is stronger and they have the power to compete. Much work needs to go into the chassis, but this will be James Allison's first real design effort, so this should be better. Losing Fred has weakened the driver line-up, but Vettel is very good esp if the car suits his style and he shoul be able to challenge for a win or two. Kimi may well not last the season if he is as poor as he was this year.
    PREDICTION: Improvement will happen, but still off the pace

McLaren - If the Honda engine is as good as they are claiming McLaren will be the team that challenges Mercedes, if they can design a chassis that works. Honda money and technical input will demand this is the case. With Alonso they have the best driver on the grid and either JB or Mag will do fine alongside him. Possibly start a wee bit slowly, but they will finish the season strongly.
    PREDICTION - second in the constructors cup with Alonso challenging for the title maybe.

Toleman - Cant be worse than this year, as that simply is impossible. Merc engine will be a factor, but if the chassis is a bad as this years thing even a Merc engine will not save them. Grosjean is a very good pilot and deserves to be near the front, unfortunately the other driver is a total meat-head.
    PREDICTION - Challenging for top 5 places in some races.

Force India - expect much the same as this year, and pretty much every other year. Strong season start with a simply but effective design. Podium finishes a possibility, but lack of development will see them fade away as usual. Two good drivers, who given the right equipment can win races.\
    PREDICTION - same as always

Toro Rosso - Same as usual from the team, good chassis, hopefully better engine and two young drivers trying to impress Christian Horner.
    PREDICTION - some points finishes and top 10 starts.

Sauber - Will be better than '14. But with two new drivers, who knows. Ericsson looked lost at start of year, but did improve to show his real worth as the season progressed and is a good car can score points. Nasr looked the goods in the little league and in some testing, but who really knows?
    PREDICTION - Better than '14, maybe on a par with 2012 and previous seasons. Some points, no podiums and hopefully a buyer will appear to secure one of my fav team's future.

Caterham/Manor(Marussia) - Hopefully one or both will be sold and will continue to race, but who knows?

13. Likes: rjbetty (25th November 2014),steveaki13 (25th November 2014)