Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Should JT go to MotoGP?

WSBK riders never seem to adapt to MotoGP and I don't really know if James Toseland would be any different. He's said in the past he wanted to do it, but this year has been his best in WSBK - it would be a shame for him to go down the same road as Bayliss, Xaus and Haga, who wasted years where they could have done so much more in WSBK and even Edwards (who has stayed there and still not achieved much).

Worst of all if he ended up like Hodgson, he has too good a talent to waste. Any thoughts?
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hope he stys in SBK. he have a good chance a legend in SBK or he fall down in MotoGP.. he can't win in MotoGP..
    i hope yes, but i think no..
    ChampCar Fan since 1996...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yes he should.. he's still young, so why not trying to go to MotoGP?

but I don't see this guy winning from a Dani Pedrosa on the same bike.. Not even on a single GP
    RIP Marco Simoncelli

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I think he should try MotoGP. He is young, a non impressive MotoGP move wont end his career.
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If a 'good' ride presents itself Tosser would be crazy to pass it up.

Maybe Melandri's current ride for 2008?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If Ten Kate goes to MotoGP - JT would be mad to not go with them! They are of the level of professionalism that is required in MotoGP and I think they'd debut in the top 10 quite comfortably.

JT and Melandri would make an awesome lineup for TenKate with RC212Vs in 2008... the bike will be sorted by then.
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Selfishily (for WSB) I would like to see him stay in WSB and make his name as a great superbike rider but if he can win this year, then I think it would be good to go to MotoGP and give it a red hot go to measure him against the worlds very best. Bayliss showed last year that the best of WSB are capable of being competitive in MotoGP, just good machinery and Ten Kate can deliver that.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Toseland has always stated his desire, long term, is to move to MotoGP - but he doesn't want to repeat the 'mistakes' of previous riders and go to a team that don't have a chance of putting him near the front.

He was offered the d'Antin ride for this year (that eventually went to Barros), but turned it down because it's not a race winning bike.
    motorbikesport.co.uk

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMaster
    Bayliss showed last year that the best of WSB are capable of being competitive in MotoGP

How so? Last year Bayliss showed he is an extremely good superbike rider but if anything, he showed that that's not always enough in MotoGP!
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Last year Bayliss showed he is an extremely good superbike rider but if anything, he showed that that's not always enough in MotoGP!
    Winning a MotoGP race by 1 second over his team-mate (who smashed the lap record trying to catch him) and by 9 seconds over third place Nicky Hayden is not enough?
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"