Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    So all the Hamiltonites (except for rjbetty) come out after the race ends? Disappointing.

Liked 674 Times in 471 Posts
    Well, it appeared that from lights out Lewis had the race in hand. I really wish they hadn't had the reliability issue, as it was obvious both drivers were willing to fight for the race win and possibly affect the title standings. It was great to see Nico take time to thank both Lewis and some of the team members even before the podium ceremony, and it seemed very genuine to me.

And I must say, even after the initial problems, Nico was thinking championship and not giving up. His immediate request to the team was to try to maintain a position high enough that he would cover the points in the event of a DNF by Lewis. That's thinking like a racer, and never giving up. I must admit I was rather gutted after the race end when Paddy got on the radio to apologize to Nico for the car problems, and Nico couldn't even respond. I'm sure at that second it was hard not to respond with something negative, but Nico bit his tongue at least and didn't place any ill will on anyone in the team.

Shame that the last race had reliability problems involved for Nico and Lewis. It made the race up front rather boring. It was great to see Felipe and Valtteri both on the podium, and there were many solid drives in the top 10. Force India really finished the season with a bang with both Hulk and Sergio punking both Ferrari cars as well as one RB and McLaren. As expected great drive by Ricciardo, and as often happens a quiet yet great drive by Jenson as well.

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbetty View Post
    Well I'd like to say I struggle a bit with all that sawing at the wheel in Monaco, though I really tried. Lewis himself also thinks so, and I really don't think he's the type to knowingly accuse like that if he knows the guy is innocent. Others like Jenson seem pretty sure too, so I dunno.
    Watch for yourself, and draw your own concllusion......I like many doesn't think that he is innocent.

http://vimeo.com/96710217

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    I hate this track as the races are always decent but not exciting.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by easy rider View Post
    Watch for yourself, and draw your own concllusion......I like many doesn't think that he is innocent.

http://vimeo.com/96710217
    Thanks. Confirms what I already suspected.

There a provision in the NFL, when reviewing a contentious play using video. To overturn a decision, there has to be "conclusive video evidence". That video was inconclusive, which is why I suspect the FIA let Rosberg off, even if they had their own suspicions. The fact that moment is still an issue, after the season has finished, after Hamilton has actually won the title, is actually a poorer reflection on the "fans" who've continued to make it an issue. Even poorer than if Rosberg actually deliberately did. You lot should get over yourselves.
    Last edited by journeyman racer; 26th November 2014 at 13:23.

Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    There a provision in the NFL, when reviewing a contentious play using video. To overturn a decision, there has to be "conclusive video evidence". That video was inconclusive, which is why I suspect the FIA let Rosberg off, even if they had there own suspicions. The fact that moment is still an issue, after the season has finished, after Hamilton has actually won the title, is actually a poorer reflection on the "fans" who've continued to make it an issue. Even poorer than if Rosberg actually deliberately did. You lot should get over yourselves.
    Are you saying that even if Rosberg did deliberately cheat, the fans of the sport shouldn't give him a hard time about it. Am I understanding you correctly?

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    There a provision in the NFL, when reviewing a contentious play using video. To overturn a decision, there has to be "conclusive video evidence". That video was inconclusive, which is why I suspect the FIA let Rosberg off, even if they had there own suspicions. The fact that moment is still an issue, after the season has finished, after Hamilton has actually won the title, is actually a poorer reflection on the "fans" who've continued to make it an issue. Even poorer than if Rosberg actually deliberately did. You lot should get over yourselves.
    Well you know I guess Keke Rosberg should get over when Schumacher did it. He´s been interestingly silent, yet I hear he worked very closely with Nico on his 2014 campaign. Penny for his thoughts about the incident, cos the Schumacher incident was also inconclusive, strictly speaking. Any judgment on him is purely subjective.

Yes it's pretty clear he did it, but it's also probable Rosberg did too, given the car did not appear at all unsettled before the crazy wheel sawing. It's not wrong for anyone to be unhappy about this. It isn't about Rosberg beating Hamilton and Hamilton fans not being able to take it, since no-one complained about Monaco 2013 or Brazil recently.

As far as I'm concerned, if Schumacher had to live with it throughout his career, so should anyone else. If anyone wants to Multi 21 someone, they have to be willing to pay the price for it. Not cry on the podium like "Mummy? Why are they booing me? *sob*"
    Last edited by rjbetty; 26th November 2014 at 12:03.
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriwa View Post
    Are you saying that even if Rosberg did deliberately cheat, the fans of the sport shouldn't give him a hard time about it. Am I understanding you correctly?
    Even if he deliberately stuffed up that time to gain an advantage. You could not say by that video that conclusively he did it deliberately. If you were the driving steward and found him guilty of that. The subsequent protest would be successful in dismissing the original decision.

Quote Originally Posted by rjbetty View Post
    Well you know I guess Keke Rosberg should get over when Schumacher did it. He´s been interestingly silent, yet I hear he worked very closely with Nico on his 2014 campaign. Penny for his thoughts about the incident, cos the Schumacher incident was also inconclusive, strictly speaking. Any judgment on him is purely subjective.

Yes it's pretty clear he did it, but it's also probable Rosberg did too, given the car did not appear at all unsettled before the crazy wheel sawing. It's not wrong for anyone to be unhappy about this. It isn't about Rosberg beating Hamilton and Hamilton fans not being able to take it, since no-one complained about Monaco 2013 or Brazil recently.

As far as I'm concerned, if Schumacher had to live with it throughout his career, so should anyone else. If anyone wants to Multi 21 someone, they have to be willing to pay the price for it. Not cry on the podium like "Mummy? Why are they booing me? *sob*"
    No **** you think Rosberg's guilty. You've spent 6 months analysing that video with the prejudiced opinion that he did. Even with that clip, they only compare it to the pole lap. They don't compare it to the numerous laps he did in qualifying and, if there was vision available, practice.

The way some of the critics have gone about it. To make them happy. Rosberg should've been given the equivalent punishment of a red card for a faint shirt tug in soccer.