Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Monaco isn't Abu Dhabi and it's all ancient history now anyway. It didn't affect the championship and Nico handled himself very well in defeat. Hamilton is a double World Champion and can be proud he drove consistently and this ultimately won him the ultimate prize. A good season all in all and I hope we have more teams in the mix next year. It's all good.

2. Likes: airshifter (28th November 2014)
    Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Hamiltons win and Championship was won fair and square.
    There were no doubts about any races or quail,s he did in 2014
    Where as There were doubts about Nico in Monaco and Spa,and Nico realized his reputation had been damaged when he was boooood on the podium ,and since then has tried to get the spectators behind him again ,
    Hopefully we can see it all again in 2015 and Nico and Lewis race cleanly .But Lewis has not signed for Mercedes yet ,so is he going to McLaren for the big bucks and Alonso going to partner Rosberg next year ? Only on December 1st will we know

4. Likes: Tazio (27th November 2014)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    There a provision in the NFL, when reviewing a contentious play using video. To overturn a decision, there has to be "conclusive video evidence". That video was inconclusive, which is why I suspect the FIA let Rosberg off, even if they had their own suspicions. The fact that moment is still an issue, after the season has finished, after Hamilton has actually won the title, is actually a poorer reflection on the "fans" who've continued to make it an issue. Even poorer than if Rosberg actually deliberately did. You lot should get over yourselves.
    I guess people should get over Schumacher Monaco 2006 as well so then. Afterwards, Alonso won the title - Schumacher didn't.

Just as an FYI, it's very clear comparing the video of the qualifying with other videos of Rosberg braking into Mirabeau that the car was completely unsettled. Even in the race he locked up plenty of times and never took to the escape road. It was far more blatant an attempt of cheating than Monaco 2006. Monaco 2006 you could potentially claim to be down to a momentary brain fart, but this was clearly premeditated.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 26th November 2014 at 14:57.

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace View Post
    Hamiltons win and Championship was won fair and square.
    There were no doubts about any races or quail,s he did in 2014
    Where as There were doubts about Nico in Monaco and Spa,and Nico realized his reputation had been damaged when he was boooood on the podium
    Lewis I'm quite sure has filed into his memory bank what Rosberg is capable of, because he has 2 excellent examples which he should never forget........he better not.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I guess people should get over Schumacher Monaco 2006 as well so then. Afterwards, Alonso won the title - Schumacher didn't.
    Schumacher's incident was conclusive. You didn't need to study the in-car camera endlessly and compare it to other laps. If Schumacher/Ferrari attempted to protest the decision, even they would've been laughed at.

With Schumacher, that incident wasn't about the title. It was about affirming his status as a karmichael, and being a blight on F1/motorsport in the sporting sense.

Just as an FYI, it's very clear comparing the video of the qualifying with other videos of Rosberg braking into Mirabeau that the car was completely unsettled. Even in the race he locked up plenty of times and never took to the escape road.
    Like with rj, no **** you think he's guilty. Look how much analysis you've gone to prove guilt. If you were part of a panel that had to hand a judgment, you would not, could not punish him. If you did, you would not be reinstated in that position for following races.

It was far more blatant an attempt of cheating than Monaco 2006. Monaco 2006 you could potentially claim to be down to a momentary brain fart, but this was clearly premeditated.
    LOL.
    Last edited by journeyman racer; 26th November 2014 at 22:05.

8. Likes: Tazio (27th November 2014)
    Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    Monaco isn't Abu Dhabi and it's all ancient history now anyway. It didn't affect the championship and Nico handled himself very well in defeat. Hamilton is a double World Champion and can be proud he drove consistently and this ultimately won him the ultimate prize. A good season all in all and I hope we have more teams in the mix next year. It's all good.

Henners you have spent too much time away from the forums mate. Mark has been thinking of changing the name to "Conspiracy Theory F1" so that the posts keep within the spirit of the title. You should catch up and read all of the gems about certain drivers gaining mass advantage through the cars and team, blatant cheating at every turn, and pre-determined results!

And the best part of the "Conspiracy Theory F1" is that you can rail against any certain driver, scream and yell and jump up and down for your favored driver, and the whole time claim you have no bias towards any of them in any way.

10. Likes: henners88 (28th November 2014),jens (28th November 2014)
    Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    Schumacher's incident was conclusive.

Like with rj, no **** you think he's guilty.

If you were part of a panel that had to hand a judgment, you would not, could not punish him.
    I smell massive double standards, almost on a par with what dj comes up with.

Your conclusion on Schumacher is entirely subjective and Keke Rosberg had a lot to say. Schumacher made several dumb mistakes around this time since his 'batteries were getting low'.

I only think Rosberg is probably guilty cos that looks most likely. I'd probably say the same for any other driver. I'm not aware of even a Caterham suddenly swerving back and forth out of control that weekend.

The first thought that entered my mind is that moving the wheel side to side like that is exactly what you'd do if you were trying to feign an accident. It would be what I'd do, if I ever did such a thing. Genuine accidents just look more genuine. I'd probably say the same if it was Hamilton, but happily I'm confident he'd never do such a thing.

In case anyone thinks my (probable) guilty verdict is skewed by bias/favourite drivers - consider Schumacher was my favourite ever driver apart from Fisi, yet I accepted he was almost certainly guilty, cos it was plain to see he almost certainly was.
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Qualis at Monaco next year will certainly be most interesting. Anyone who crashes on the last lap had better make it dammed convincing, like maybe flying into the harbor or something. Anything less and the protesting will be deafening.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
    Qualis at Monaco next year will certainly be most interesting. Anyone who crashes on the last lap had better make it dammed convincing, like maybe flying into the harbor or something. Anything less and the protesting will be deafening.
    Monaco is a controversial place due to its tightness. Before the stricter rules of modern era it was common for drivers to get blocked in Monaco qualifying, and in addition to great speed you also needed some fortune in the form of clean track in front of you, if you wanted a good grid slot.

Even Senna was blocking a rival back in 1985 in qualifying!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbNLHGJUGTQ

The thing with Monaco is that if you make a mistake, you will automatically ruin the lap of other drivers. And that mistake would be very convenient if you happen to lead the session at the time of this error and there is very little time left for more attempts.

14. Likes: rjbetty (29th November 2014)
    Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Monaco is the most horseshit place/course in major series racing, a lot of shit happens there!
    May the forza be with you