Page 7 of 101 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    I was in Portugal 2013 and strongly disagree, for spectators it's the worst event I've been to so far (worse than France-Alsace). Police and marshalls don't have respect for spectators at all, you have a few "boxes" where you are allowed and that's it. At least that was 2013.
    Totally agree i was there in 2013 - the are as ignorant as the Genedarmes in France - but i am still going , but only because i will be there with a team , otherwise ide stay away from it ,too much hassle .

Liked 340 Times in 171 Posts
    They just follow orders from organization

Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts
    Question to all those who have already been to the Rally de Portugal and Rally France-Alsace; if you were to compare both safety measures, which one is the strictest?

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURBO43 View Post
    Question to all those who have already been to the Rally de Portugal and Rally France-Alsace; if you were to compare both safety measures, which one is the strictest?
    I've been to Alsace in 2010 (not strict at all), 2011 (more strict) and 2012 (very strict), and to Portugal in 2013 (very strict). In my opinion, from what I experienced, Portugal was worse than Alsace in 2012. It's quite simple, you can go to public areas, nothing more. The public areas in Southern Portugal were not that bad by the way, in most cases there were plenty areas per stage and the visibility was good. Of course this year it's a completely different event, in North, and I expect the safety measures to be even more extreme. If you are not happy with the public areas, you should choose some other event.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hello Guys,
    We have been in Rally Portugal once in south and now we will come second time there mainly because rally is now after long time in north. But in south we noticed one problem; official maps were very bad quality. Then we found somewhere some topographical map which were very helpful for us. Do you have any tips where in Internet we could buy now better maps (for example topographical) on that area rally is driving this year?

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    I'd suggest the Google Earth maps posted by JB just above you. Or else www.rallymaps.com.

BTW, Latvala will have the best starting position by far in Portugal. It will be an interesting rally, especially considering no one will have any experience there (except for Fafe).
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    I've been to Alsace in 2010 (not strict at all), 2011 (more strict) and 2012 (very strict), and to Portugal in 2013 (very strict). In my opinion, from what I experienced, Portugal was worse than Alsace in 2012. It's quite simple, you can go to public areas, nothing more. The public areas in Southern Portugal were not that bad by the way, in most cases there were plenty areas per stage and the visibility was good. Of course this year it's a completely different event, in North, and I expect the safety measures to be even more extreme. If you are not happy with the public areas, you should choose some other event.

Wow. What you say makes me afraid . I wasn't in Alsace in 2012, but I was there in 2013 and 2014. In 2013 it was a drama. Access to stages were closed nearly 20 km before, the gendarmes were very strict, marshalls too. 2013 was the worst year for the French spectators. In 2014, it was slightly better (I must say that I cross mountains to find cool places without marshalls or gendarmes).

I come from Lyon in France, and I'm planning to go to Portugal in may. But all what is said about the security scares me. Do you think, even if I'm outside the public zone, but on a slope of 3 high meters, I will get fired?

By the way, I believe that the organization plans to close access to stages up to 5 hours before the start of the race. I do not imagine the mess it will be ...

Quote Originally Posted by KumpuTeemu View Post
    Hello Guys,
    We have been in Rally Portugal once in south and now we will come second time there mainly because rally is now after long time in north. But in south we noticed one problem; official maps were very bad quality. Then we found somewhere some topographical map which were very helpful for us. Do you have any tips where in Internet we could buy now better maps (for example topographical) on that area rally is driving this year?
    http://www.rally-maps.com/Rally-de-Portugal-2015

Marijan Griebel will do Rally of Portugal with Opel Adam R2 but Xavier Pons had an accident and won't be able do compete