Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Year after year, Interlagos produces pretty good racing. Would it be considered one of the best five of the current race tracks?

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    Year after year, Interlagos produces pretty good racing. Would it be considered one of the best five of the current race tracks?
    I think so. And I used to think it was pretty boring around the mid to late 90s. 7.5 for me though I didn´t watch the race!
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyzars View Post
    Stewards were out to lunch again on track boundaries. I am more and more irked about this.
    Maybe we need a return to self enforcing boundaries. Grass works extremely well.

The way it is now, you can slide off and there's no penalty other than the time you lose. It just doesn't seem like the same sport that way.

Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
    Maybe we need a return to self enforcing boundaries. Grass works extremely well.

The way it is now, you can slide off and there's no penalty other than the time you lose. It just doesn't seem like the same sport that way.
    Concrete bollards at corner apexes? That should take care of it. There did seem to be a lot of liberties taken at turn 8.

Liked 41 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post

I'm all in for the safety aspects of grippy run off area's and the like but a lack of grass should be replaced with an equivalent "destructive" outcome.

Hamiltons total loss with 180 spin was estimated to have cost him 7 seconds. Ridiculous.

He should have suffered at least a drive through penalty because his 4 wheels crossed the track boundary. As it was he was back in business and able to recover in the same position.

Hamilton had a big loss with little penalty in time, drivers are also in the habit of benefitting from small boundary violations and this should stop.

There have been sensor trials in other motorsport competitions but I would think that a couple of judges could keep an eye on this quite successfully. 2 wheels 3 times gets a drive through, 4 wheels 1 time gets the same.

Might mix it up a bit as well and doesn't F1 crave that nowadays?

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    No marks from me since I didn't see the race...