Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Jag GT3

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

New Jag GT3

Well heres the first post of the new GT section!

So what do we all think of the Jag XKR which will be entered by Apex Motorsports in the FIA GT Championship?

http://www.fiagt3.com/newsitem.php?key=99

So far Ive not been able to find too many performance specs for it, but I dont honestly see it being that competitive. Last season front of the field saw battles with cars like the Ferraris, Ascaris, Vipers and later on the Gallardos, so can the jag really cut it?

Remember last time a good looking jag entered the British GT, it was just a converted Grand Am-ish car.
    Im back! Now what'd I miss?

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    It looks like an Aston Martin to me. The Jag will be competitive some races simply because they adjust the rules so that every car is about equal.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Looks cool, more variety

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Good looking car, it does resemble the pro-drive Astom Martin GT-1's that have been running in the series.

A couple of questions:

Is there any Ford Factory money involved?

Will we see them enter the ALMS series as well?

I expect that Jag will use the 4.2 liter supercharged engine... with modifictions.

Hhmmm... Supercharged engines have not done well in road racing lately. They tend to over-heat. Wonder if Jaguar can overcome that problem?

mokin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Such a beautiful car. Since the demise of Trans-Am I've hoped that the new XKR would be raced in one form or another. GT3 seems to be the way to go in Europe, and with GT3 cars (Johnny Mowlem and Tom Papadopolous' Aston DBRS9s) in Speed World Challenge GT, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we see Jaguar racing in North America again!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by trumperZ06
    Good looking car, it does resemble the pro-drive Astom Martin GT-1's that have been running in the series.

A couple of questions:

Is there any Ford Factory money involved?

Will we see them enter the ALMS series as well?

I expect that Jag will use the 4.2 liter supercharged engine... with modifictions.

Hhmmm... Supercharged engines have not done well in road racing lately. They tend to over-heat. Wonder if Jaguar can overcome that problem?

mokin:
    It resembles the Aston Martin because it was designed by the same fellow who designed the DB7 and Vanquish, Ian Callum. I do like the new looks, personally.

According to the Apex Motorsport website, they are in a contract with Jaguar to develop the car, so I would imagine some sort of money is coming out of Ford pockets. This is purely speculation.

No announcements have been made for any Jaguar teams for 2007. Maybe a team will step up for 2008 after Apex Motorsport proves it's a competitive car.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In UK magazine Auto Express,they said two teams wanted to run three each

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It would be nice to see a new GT1 car. having the Chevy vs. Aston Martin is getting old, and Saleen rarely makes a visit.
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Agreed, harvick. GT1 this year was a joke. Don't get me wrong, I like the cars and there was some exciting racing, but having only four consistent cars left me wanting more.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    That has always been the problem in ALMS. Not enough cars but I hope the Jags run on both sides of the pond. Of course, I still am in mourning over the fact the old Jag GTP's are now history. I miss seeing Jaguar winning LeMans...no other Marque save Porsche made their bones are LeMans like Jag....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".