Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 638 Times in 330 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    He did not have worse car than Peugeot this year because his car never broke down.
    + I remember someone saying that the suspension setup of the 208 is no so well developed as the Fabia's in bumpy asphalt roads (Barum, CoI)

Liked 1,120 Times in 599 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by satukata View Post
    abring and breen have much faster car.. Peugeot 208 in ERC is like vw in WRC

Abring have 23 stage wins and Breen 22... How many stage wins have other Skoda drivers?

Lappi is really fast and i think he is next finnish driver in factory WRC team
    what other skoda drivers? there's only wiegand, and we all know he's not exactly the reference.

i just don't see any truly impressive results from lappi. he's not jumping out like i would expect from a potential wrc-candidate.

Liked 207 Times in 129 Posts
    @makinen fan What happen in ireland is the proof of what you say.
    Last edited by nafpaktos; 27th October 2014 at 23:41.
    fb page
    bring back acropolis rally to wrc calendar

4. Likes: satukata (27th October 2014)
    Liked 266 Times in 170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nafpaktos View Post
    What happen in ireland is the proof of what you say.
    Lappi set the fastest time in first seven stages of rally ireland.. He was faster than Breen and Abring.. Conditions were slipy and it was easy to see who was the king of the young boys

In easy conditions Peugeot was much faster car. So Lappi deserves to be a champion

Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Abbring driving top notch R5 Peugeot, while Lappi fighting with old Skoda S2000. Come on Mirek. Where are your loyalty? Abbring is good. Lappi also. By the two guys Lappi showed who´s champion.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

7. Likes: satukata (27th October 2014)
    Liked 266 Times in 170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Abbring driving top notch R5 Peugeot, while Lappi fighting with old Skoda S2000. Come on Mirek. Where are your loyalty? Abbring is good. Lappi also. By the two guys Lappi showed who´s champion.
    If you want check the speed and times of champion http://www.fiaerc.com/events/live/id/24

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Mirek is realistic person. It is clear that this year level in ERC is very low (thanks to the fact that couple of fast drivers are usually driving 33% of the stages). Fast driver should be fast everywhere! Right? What Lappi did in Rally Estonia? Enjoying the view? He was even slower than Rainer Aus who was driving ancient Evo 9 with worse tyres than my wife is using to go shopping?
    He didnt set even a single top 3 times during the whole rally.
    I was able to spectate him all rounds in shakedown and free practice + around 8 stages during the rally and mostly in technical and slow places. I was very dissapointed.
    He didnt won a single stage in Greece.
    He one only one stage in Ypres just before crashing out and he didnt win a single stage in Barum before crashing out (this rally should suit to this car extremely well..
    Top driver is not allowed to have such unconsistency. He needs to prove himself in WRC2 or in ERC for another year (in some series with real competition) before going further.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

10. Likes: A FONDO (28th October 2014),leighton323 (28th October 2014),Mirek (28th October 2014),pantealex (28th October 2014),rage82 (28th October 2014),vino_93 (29th October 2014)
    Liked 838 Times in 385 Posts
    Lappi might be ERC champion, but he's still too immature and I am a bit disappointed with him, especially when he failed even to win APRC last year, that really showed there's still work to do.

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Abbring driving top notch R5 Peugeot, while Lappi fighting with old Skoda S2000.
    Uh? That top notch car which breaks every single rally? That old crappy Škoda is going for a championship double even with Wiegand. The crappy car also won with Loix and was leading with Kresta who is a retired bloke doing one rally per season. Guys, don't build flying castles in Your head. 208 T16 is no unbeatable space craft. It won only one rally in the whole ERC season.

Wiegand, Breen or Kajetawicz are not Neuville or Mikklesen. Seriously... when Hänninen took the title from Mikkelsen, Neuville, Kopecký or Loix, it was something remarkable. Can You say that about beating Wiegand (no offense to him) or ever-broken Peugeots? I can't. Shall I remember that Hänninen was able to beat Loix in Ypres or Kopecký in Barum? Lappi has not achieved anything like that so far, sorry. He even didn't manage to defeat Gill in APRC when asphalt boy Kopecký did so.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

13. Likes: A FONDO (28th October 2014),marcosg (28th October 2014),rage82 (28th October 2014),WUff1 (28th October 2014)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    I don't think Lappi is WRC material. It sound little not serious for me. But maybe he can improve after 2-3 more years?!?
    Last edited by stefanvv; 28th October 2014 at 09:00.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI