Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts

General Touring Car talk

Is anybody outside Aus/NZ paying attention to the Gold Coast 600 this weekend? I ask because commentator Neil Crompton often refers to viewers "from around the world" in the coverage. It annoys me a lot. Australians aren't even paying attention to this.

Who is Marco Wittmann, and how did he become DTM champ? Is the DTM some musical chairs comp nowadays?

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    I'm surprised my post last week is still the last post on this board.

But anyway, I have been looking at some old DTM videos on YT. I never realised what a tall ******* Manuel Reuter was. Looking up on wiki, I also hadn't realised he won so few races in the DTM. Even in 1996, he only won 3 times. I remember semi regularly buying Autosport. I thought he dominated the series. I remember him partnering Peter Brock at Bathurst in 92 "Who's this guy?" I thought. They did poorly. It would've been nice to see him have more of a go at Bathurst. But you know with you Euro snobs? You rarely keep that date open for guys to come over.

I was also looking a some Win Percy highlights. He won three titles, with that class structure the BTCC had. Did he ever win a BTCC race outright?
    Last edited by journeyman racer; 2nd November 2014 at 02:17.