Round 17 of the 2014 FIA Formula One World Championship sees the teams and drivers head across the Atlantic to the much-lauded Circuit of The Americas in Austin, Texas.
As the season builds towards its climax, those involved in the 2014 Formula 1 United States Grand Prix discuss their prospects for the weekend ahead...
Red Bull
Sebastian Vettel
2013 Qualifying - 1st, 2013 Race - 1st

"Austin is a fun city where you get a real feel for the Texan lifestyle and traditions and get to race on a great track. The Circuit of the Americas is a track I like a lot; it has 20 corners and we drive it anti-clockwise. The start/finish straight has a steep incline up to the first corner and is the trademark of the track. For us that means the braking starts uphill, which is not easy and locking the front tyres could be a problem. A lot of the corner combinations remind me of other famous circuits on the race calendar. For example the fast combination during the first part of the track feels like Silverstone and Suzuka. The famous Maggotts and Becketts passages were used as a model for this part of the track and the drivers enjoy the extremely fast turns, when the car is balanced right. Also corners 12 and 15, this section was taken from the Motodrom in Hockenheim. It is a slower part of the track, and is designed to create more of a stadium atmosphere. The long bend also reminds of the famous turn 8 in Istanbul."
Daniel Ricciardo
2013 Qualifying - 11th, 2013 Race - 11th

"Hand on heart, this is probably the date on the calendar I look forward to the most. I've loved every minute of being in Austin: when they picked this place for the US Grand Prix, they absolutely nailed it. The city is awesome. I love listening to live music and this is a great place for that, plus Texas feels like real America, and that's something I've really enjoyed just sinking into the last two seasons. And then, there's the important bit. The Circuit of the Americas, in my opinion, is the best of the new breed of circuits. The nature of the corners is interesting. It's also a very busy track where you don't get much respite. The first sector is very special and that first turn, blind up the big hill is like nothing else in F1. It's also a good example of the excitement a late-apex can create: you can have a really good lunge there. They've done a very good job."
Lotus
Romain Grosjean
2013 Qualifying - 3rd, 2013 Race - 2nd

"It's amazing just how quickly this season has passed, even if it seemed a long, hard slog at times. We head to Austin, Brazil and Abu Dhabi determined to get the most we can from the race weekends and also using some of the practice time to evaluate different aspects of the car to gain more data for 2015. [Austin] is quite a balanced circuit in that you don't need one particular thing over another for the car to perform well. In the first year the challenge was finding the level of grip we want and we did see the same to a certain extent last year too. This year, we should be helped a bit by the race being a couple of weeks earlier, but we're always wanting more grip! The gradient up to turn one is really something and it makes for a fun first corner when you're in the car. It's a really well presented facility with an interesting circuit layout."
Pastor Maldonado
2013 Qualifying - 18th, 2013 Race - 17th

"Austin is a good track, it's a challenging layout which is good to drive and it's an enjoyable event. The first turn is quite something with its very steep climb and the rest of the lap flows well. The atmosphere at the circuit is really special, even for the first time we visited. It's great to see the RVs at the side of the track and people staying at the circuit to enjoy the full weekend. The circuit can be a difficult one for tyres and we had some unusual delays and interruptions on the Friday last year so it will be interesting to see what happens this time. Certainly, there can be a variety with the weather and in the past we've seen it be quite cold at the start of the day. The race is earlier this season so let's see how that makes a difference."
"Obviously we want to perform better than we did in Sochi. That was a difficult weekend for many reasons. We think the Austin layout should suit our car a bit better so that's a positive. Hopefully we won't have any more technical issues. I know we'll have good support from the fans so we'll be pushing for a good result."
Federico Gastaldi, Lotus deputy team principal
"It is a tremendous location to race at. There are great fans from the US and Mexico mainly, but also from all over the world. The track is challenging, the drivers and fans love it and of course the US is a major, but largely untapped marketplace for F1. It will take momentum and many more US Grands Prix for F1 to be fully embraced but there is a great will from Lotus F1 Team to reach out to the US race fans and create a special relationship. We hope to put on a great show in Austin next weekend."
Nick Chester, Lotus technical director
"I think we should certainly be better than in Sochi. It's not so much a power track as some of the circuits we've been to. It's got some high-speed corners that we prefer so it's fair to say we're looking forward to it. [The new nose] will be for evaluation and aero data logging. It's something we're doing as part of our preparations for the E23 Hybrid, next year's car. It won't be the definite launch E23 nose but it is an E23-style nose that we are putting on an E22 for evaluation. We don't expect it to perform as such on the current car as it hasn't been optimised for the E22 but it will still be an interesting comparison."
More to follow...

For tickets to 2014 FORMULA 1 races, click here.
For FORMULA 1 merchandise,