Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace View Post
    I don't have a problem with immigrants ,but Jesus why do they come from Lybia,Afghanistan,Syria,passing through Germany Italy France to get to the UK ? Somebody ,somewhere are told them there is a pot of gold here for them to share

Those who come from those countries are not EU immigrants and we have complete control in the UK as to if we admit them or not and if they get benefits or not, therefore if there's a problem with non-EU migration it has nothing to do with the EU at all, and leaving the EU wouldn't change a thing in that regard.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

2. Likes: donKey jote (22nd October 2014)
    Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Most people have a problem with immigration from within the EU .
    They also have a problem that a male immigrant here ,gets money to send back to his wife and children living in his former country .We always spend nearly 1 % of our wealth on Foreign Aid ,which may NOT be spent on what we think it is being spent on .There are lots of Despots who rule countries that have Swiss bank accounts with billions invested in them .And how do these immigrants from the Middle East ,long to be here in the UK ,instead of Italy Germany or France

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Indeed but it's conflation again, your Middle Eastern immigrant will be just as likely to arrive here if we are outside the EU.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Is immigration the real cause here? Really? Really?!

If you were to do an actual economic analysis of actual "freeloading" who is more at fault? People on benefits, or the members of the DJIA, the FT-SE or the ASX 200?

http://www.smh.com.au/business/the-e...#ixzz3GosJfjSK
    The 90-page look at the the tax contributions of the S&P/ASX 200 between 2004 and 2013 – the first research of its kind attempted – claims up to $80 billion was foregone by the taxman over that period; a sum of money that could all but wipe out the government's past two budget deficits.
    - Sydney Morning Herald, 29th Sep 2014.

I bet that that's the same for the UK, the US as it is in Australia.
    You are quite correct. It's just that its easier to go after the immigrants than the well heeled corporations.

If I were in charge (probably not going to happen this year), immigration, welfare and corporate tax codes would be dramatically overhauled. In the US I'd also overhaul the entire income tax system.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Most people have a problem with immigration from within the EU .
    really?
    I wouldn't think so, but then again I've been an EU immigrant all my life in four different EU countries so I might see things a little different to most of you
    They also have a problem that a male immigrant here ,gets money to send back to his wife and children living in his former country
    Do they know how much he owns? Normally you'd be moaning about all the cheap labour undercutting the wages...
    Think positive: At least he hasn't brought his wife and children "over here" to sponge off your benefits and reduce your pension even further!
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    They also have a problem that a male immigrant here ,gets money to send back to his wife and children living in his former country
    In my experience those guys generate more for the UK economy than the slackers that do the same job, chuff off to the pub at 3:30 and buy a few pints of imported lager. Worked with a Lithuanian guy that must have earnt twice as much for his employers than his British colleagues. Sure the money went into his home in Lithuania, but the profit that he was making for the company more than made up for it.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

8. Likes: Brown, Jon Brow (22nd October 2014)
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    There was a study done by the University College London , quoted by the BBC , which said that immigrants contributed £25 Billion to the UK economy .
    But the BBC [ which is paid Millions per year by the EU to promote the EU ], forgot to mention the part in the study which said the total cost to the UK was £95 Billion per year .
    So all the immigration which was encouraged by the Labour government is costing the rest of us £70 Billion PER YEAR .
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ys-report.html

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Theyz are all out to get you... FACT !!!
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Same here.Live in a nice part of the country and don't have the issues that are prevalent in other parts of the country .
    Think the big thing that people se is that we pay into the EU pot 50 million EVERY DAY !
    And I and them do not see we get that value back
    I go down to Spain ,there only last week too ,AND they have superb quiet dual carriageways that are deserted,,every time I go there they are building houses,roads ,gardens ,are they are supposed to be going belly up .So the money has to come from the EU .There are also too many lazy people who are work shy here ,claiming all the benefits they get pushed towards them ,even getting advise at the job centers of how to milk the system !Then I as a pensioner get £104 per week to live on ,whilst on benefits some are on £550 per week .We see the gravy train in Brussels ,the money waisted,now a deputy for Junker ,who is as Junker says been my mate for a long time .Some feel the EU is taking the pi** Can we not see the light ? I don't have a problem with immigrants ,but Jesus why do they come from Lybia,Afghanistan,Syria,passing through Germany Italy France to get to the UK ? Somebody ,somewhere are told them there is a pot of gold here for them to share
    Thanks. I think we are all a little bit thicker after reading this.

1)Think the big thing that people see is that we pay into the EU pot 50 million EVERY DAY ! And I and them do not see we get that value back.
    It's very easy to shout big numbers like UKIP without looking at the whole picture. We may contribute £50 million a day but we get over £30 million of that back directly in the form of CAP rebate, single farm payments, regional development fund etc. On top of that we build our car industry worth £110 million a day (and nearly 1 million jobs) which is hugely dependant on EU exports (about 45%). And that is just one industry!

2)There are also too many lazy people who are work shy here ,claiming all the benefits they get pushed towards them
    The UK has the 4th lowest unemployment figure in the EU, so I don't know what you mean by too many. When it comes to benefit fraud it adds up to 0.7% of state welfare (state pension is over 50% of state welfare).

3)We see the gravy train in Brussels ,the money waisted,now a deputy for Junker ,who is as Junker says been my mate for a long time .Some feel the EU is taking the pi** Can we not see the light ?
    Why do you think the EU exists just to annoy us? Give us an example of this 'gravy train'? Is there a group of EU bureaucrats who sit in an expensive office in Brussels thinking of new ways to p1ss the UK off? Or have the British newspaper industry figured out that they sell more newspapers when they run a fact-shy story on this so called 'gravy train' ?

I don't have a problem with immigrants ,but Jesus why do they come from Lybia,Afghanistan,Syria,passing through Germany Italy France to get to the UK ? Somebody ,somewhere are told them there is a pot of gold here for them to share
    So we are the only country in Europe who have immigrants? Germany have taken about 25000 Syrian refugees, Sweden have taken over 20000, the UK have only taken about 3000! And are you remotely aware of the issues that Italy have with illegal immigrants?

And of course, it's amazing that somehow a homeless refugee in a war-torn country who has lost all his family is aware of the ins and outs of the UK welfare system Asylum seekers are not allowed to work in the UK and most only receive about £5 a day.
    Last edited by Brown, Jon Brow; 22nd October 2014 at 22:55.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

12. Likes: donKey jote (23rd October 2014),MrJan (22nd October 2014)
    Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
    There was a study done by the University College London , quoted by the BBC , which said that immigrants contributed £25 Billion to the UK economy .
    But the BBC [ which is paid Millions per year by the EU to promote the EU ], forgot to mention the part in the study which said the total cost to the UK was £95 Billion per year .
    So all the immigration which was encouraged by the Labour government is costing the rest of us £70 Billion PER YEAR .
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ys-report.html
    You do realise that you posted a study from Migrationwatch UK? Like they don't have an agenda of their own?
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!