Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think this article from sniff petrol sums the whole Hamilton thing up nicely...

Lewis Hamilton may be just 22 years old but the Hertfordshire born McLaren driver has already shown a skill and maturity way above his years. His first race in the premier league of motorsport was an object lesson in maturity and determination, even showing team mate Fernando Alonso a thing or two along the way. Hamilton's drive in Australia was in many ways reminiscent of the debut of the young Spaniard himself in its cool assurance. In other ways, the 18 year old Hertfordshire driver showed flashes of a youthful Michael Schumacher in his steely race craft and ferocious pace, belying his young years and humble background. But as I watched the talented 13 year old with baited breath - imagining that my cautious excitement was echoed all across his home county of Hertfordshire - I was also reminded of a boyish talent that had once wowed the F1 circus; I'm talking of course about the great Ayrton Senna. In many ways Hamilton is at least the equal of the late Brazilian maestro, although I think it's also not an exaggeration to say that in his maiden performance down under the bright 11 year old Hertfordshire star from the humble background also showed flashes of genius that immediately reminded old hands around the paddock of none other than the immortal Juan Manuel Fangio. Yet, even the old master himself might struggle to match the quiet confidence, the calm brilliance, the deceptive but ever present speed of the masterful 2 year old from the humble Hertfordshire background who, on that hot day in Melbourne, wowed the crowds and seasoned Formula 1 critics alike with a performance that was quite simply like nothing we have seen since another young hopeful first came onto a scene not dissimilar to that of international motorsport many, many years ago, going by the name of Jesus Christ. Yes, Lewis Hamilton has undoubtedly assured a ready place in the F1 firmament of stars, he is the future of this sport and the future of Britain and I love him and I want to hold him and kiss him and take care of him and feel his lovely short hair and his lovely strong arms and I want to touch him and caress him and one day I want to have his beautiful babies. At least until he makes a mistake later in the season, then I might change my mind.
    :vader: I'm vader, I can kill catering with a thought!:vader:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Well why everyone still loves him, he better get on and make sure he's got a fair bit of merchandise available to fans. I can see the massive queues to buy Button stuff on the Honda stand will be replaced by the rush to get Hamilton merchandise from Mercedes.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    And what's that got to do with Hamilton's performance to date?

Ask Martin Whitmarsh.
    The Hakk will rule forever.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Even Fernando Alonso, the two-time world champion teammate (anybody still remember him?), has a long way before he proves himself to be amongst the best all time. It takes an entire career, not 3 races, to completely understand a driver's ability.
    Now that I've said that, I do believe that he has the potential to be the next best thing. He is like the Roger Federer of Formula One, i.e. a tremendous talent and also a very likeable person.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by akv89
    Even Fernando Alonso, the two-time world champion teammate (anybody still remember him?), has a long way before he proves himself to be amongst the best all time. It takes an entire career, not 3 races, to completely understand a driver's ability.
    Now that I've said that, I do believe that he has the potential to be the next best thing. He is like the Roger Federer of Formula One, i.e. a tremendous talent and also a very likeable person.
    Totally agree... Its even still too early to compare him to Federer. If he shows that form over the rest of the season then yeah. His results have been breathtaking to date. I just hope he doesnt become a victim of his own success
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazell B
    It's already started among semi-fans

Twice last sunday plant customers of mine who know I enjoy racing told me they thought Lewis Hamilton wasn't even driving the car during races.

Yes, for some utterly unexplained reason they both thought as he didn't take his helmet off instantly after being placed he must be another driver. Neither knew who the driver was, just that the face we see in the newspapers must be some mildly talented kid and the actual car driver a far older, better racer

They both said with him getting so much news coverage, he must be making Beckham-style cash out of endorsements and have no time to really race!
    Oh My God!

You means he's the Stig!!!??
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well he will continue to race well, whatever the press (or any of us) say about him
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

even showing team mate Fernando Alonso a thing or two along the way

even showing team mate Fernando Alonso a thing or two along the way.

What were they ??? Waving in front of him at the start of the race ?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just a little off topic, what are the chances of Hamilton beating Button's record for most podiums in a season without a win?

3 down 7 more to tie... :
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Let him win a race first and consistently beat his 2 time world champ team-mate before he can be called anywhere close to the greatest driver ever blah blah.

Hamilton of course has a had a good start but we will have to see how he goes when the car isn't as good...most people statred their careers in a Minardi..he started in a McLaren.

Tito Vilanova = :champion: