Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

And so it begins...

Rising star Lewis Hamilton could go on to become the greatest racing driver of all time, according to his McLaren team chief executive Martin Whitmarsh.

The 22-year-old has become the first driver in Formula One history to score podiums in his first three races.

"It's too early to analyse but if the trend continues there is no reason why he could not become the greatest driver ever," Whitmarsh told the Guardian.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/moto...ne/6566719.stm

I love the hype. So do Fangio and co..
    The Hakk will rule forever.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I'm bored of the media hype already. They will be the first ones to shoot him down in a week, month, year etc.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's exciting to have someone who seems to be so good, but the British media are going slightly mad. Even my local paper featured him (he comes from a local town ).
    I just keep thinking it's too good to be true and something will go horribly wrong. I'm usually optimistic but, as I say, it just seems too good to be true!
    BTCCCrazy.co.uk

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    To be honest, I will be overjoyed if/when Alonso starts thwacking him..

This is exactly the kind of hype that does my head in. We get it here in India with our cricketers, and any person who does the slightest thing of note. They go on and on and on about it, analysing, hypothesising..

A sign of a a huge inferiority complex if you ask me..
    The Hakk will rule forever.

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefe Máximo

Woah, hold on there, don't start the backlash just yet! :
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefe M&#225

This is exactly the kind of hype that does my head in. We get it here in India with our cricketers, and any person who does the slightest thing of note. They go on and on and on about it, analysing, hypothesising..

A sign of a a huge inferiority complex if you ask me..
    And what's that got to do with Hamilton's performance to date?
    What would you have the media talk about instead?
    So they should dismiss the biggest story in F1 this year to focus on what?

the inferiorty complex that comes out most obviously is yours.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well I think it has gone too far!

alright he made an excellent start, he's surely on his way to be a great driver, but greatest driver ever? please! the way to greatness is very long, 3 races proves nothing!(and that's coming from a McLaren fan)

please Britih press don't over-hype and screw the guy like you did with Button!
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    These 3 and 4 week long breaks don't help the situation either. Those poor uninspired (usually) journos have to write about something appealing, don't they?!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian McC
    Woah, hold on there, don't start the backlash just yet! :
    It's already started among semi-fans

Twice last sunday plant customers of mine who know I enjoy racing told me they thought Lewis Hamilton wasn't even driving the car during races.

Yes, for some utterly unexplained reason they both thought as he didn't take his helmet off instantly after being placed he must be another driver. Neither knew who the driver was, just that the face we see in the newspapers must be some mildly talented kid and the actual car driver a far older, better racer

They both said with him getting so much news coverage, he must be making Beckham-style cash out of endorsements and have no time to really race!
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well it is nothing new, remember what they say about Button?? I see his enormous talent after three races. He could become the greatest of all time or not. Let's judge him after a period of 5 years then we can say if he belongs there (schumacher, senna, prost). Now it is just PR talk from Martin Whitmarsh. I dont really think it make any sense for anybody to claim that he is going to be the best of all time after 3, i repeat great 3 races. Adversity is bount to happen. He could be trapped in a very slow/unreliable Mclaren, like mclaren has been for the past 8/9 years (last title 1999 Hakkinnen).