Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tire Stints

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    I think also that towards the end of a race, the hards would do better on the carpet of soft rubber laid on the track by then.
    To one stop using the hard tyres for the second stint would mean running a very heavy fuel load as well as the slower hards, against the time saved by not stopping as well as the advantage of gaining track osition by one stopping.

As I have said before, this contrived extra pit stop is meant to prevent some spectators from falling asleep.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    I think also that towards the end of a race, the hards would do better on the carpet of soft rubber laid on the track by then.
    To one stop using the hard tyres for the second stint would mean running a very heavy fuel load as well as the slower hards, against the time saved by not stopping as well as the advantage of gaining track osition by one stopping.

As I have said before, this contrived extra pit stop is meant to prevent some spectators from falling asleep.
    The reason for the contrived tyre rule is to ensure that the commentators continue to discuss the tyres despite there being only a single supplier this year. In fact it could be viewed as something of a marketing masterstroke by Bridgestone if you think about all the coverage given to the tyres so far this season.

Preventing specators dropping off is only a lucky side-effect.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout