Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    Liked 177 Times in 97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    You mix two different categories which were created in different time (approximately 5 years between introduction of both classes). It's not fair to mix conditions in one sentence
    Yeah, I know that, but wouldn't it be easier to allow small racing shops to try their hand at the R5 class as well? And some other R class

Thanks for correction but which 11? Abarth, Peugeot, Škoda, Ford, Citroën (RRC), Proton, VW, Toyota, Opel, MG and 11th?
    My bad, I meant 10 cars, not counting the RRC (at least the Mini is accounted in Wikipedia as a S2000 Car) but counting the Lada 112 Vk S2000, that as far as I know had FIA papers, but never raced outside of Russia.

Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Little bit OOT, but what's the differences between Dytko's Proto with Evolve's..?

That Yaris looks good..

Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mArvAlcao17 View Post
    A spec R2 isn't a good option either tbh, what i want is lower tech like removal of sequential shift
    That is what the R1 class does. Search for R1 MSport Fiesta. No sequential. Not even sure if it is a dogbox...

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mArvAlcao17 View Post
    A spec R2 isn't a good option either tbh, what i want is lower tech like removal of sequential shift
    What's wrong with sequential gearbox? It's very reliable solution. Even cheap Adam cup cars have sequential gearbox and the concept works great. For me Adam cup cars are a great example how it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingTuga View Post
    Yeah, I know that, but wouldn't it be easier to allow small racing shops to try their hand at the R5 class as well? And some other R class

My bad, I meant 10 cars, not counting the RRC (at least the Mini is accounted in Wikipedia as a S2000 Car) but counting the Lada 112 Vk S2000, that as far as I know had FIA papers, but never raced outside of Russia.
    Privateers stand no chance against works teams anyway so I don't think that allowing private homologations in R5 would lead to any success. Maximum what can be achieved is few exotic slow cars which disappear after several outings. The top level is too hard battleground.

I think that Lada was never FIA homologated but You and Pluto are right that Mini was the eleventh homologated S2000.

6. Likes: pantealex (30th December 2017)
    Liked 30 Times in 18 Posts
    What's wrong with sequential gearbox? It's very reliable solution. Even cheap Adam cup cars have sequential gearbox and the concept works great. For me Adam cup cars are a great example how it can be done.
    It's still not cheap at here, unfortunately. Malaysia too (excluding UK-built Protons).

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    For me the most amazing thing is that street cars are still delivered with H gearbox, and that not all new cars with manual come with sequential boxes.
    There should be enough knowhow from the motorcycle industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    For me the most amazing thing is that street cars are still delivered with H gearbox, and that not all new cars with manual come with sequential boxes.
    There should be enough knowhow from the motorcycle industry.
    No street car comes with real sequential gearbox. They have sometimes sequential shifting but with completely different mechanics. The reason for using H-pattern gearboxes is that there are simply completely different priorities - comfort, noise, no maintanence, price etc.

However the reason why it's good that Adam Cup cars have sequential gearbox are numerous. Young drivers need to learn how to drive with it because all bigger and faster rally cars (except dying out gr.N) have it as well. There is no benefit for them in using H-pattern shifting. Also the gearbox is extremely reliable and easy to maintain.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

10. Likes: electroliquid (30th December 2017),TWRC (9th January 2018)
    Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    Proper aftermarket sequential transmissions (aftermarket flat shift engine cuts etc) are put in 'street' cars, pfitzner australia sequential in r32 gtr. a bit less noise than some race sequential gear sets. https://youtu.be/I2nyFmkSnuc (transmission probably cost a lot though)

12. Likes: b3637853 (3rd January 2018)
    Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    I wonder if some of R5 cars will have the R4 counterparts.

Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk