Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have a question btw. Is it possible to use used cars (as long the model is same as the new one), or even the older model, or is it must be a new one?

Liked 289 Times in 123 Posts
    Hi Marv,

By your calculations the tax is not 120% but 20%. Is that tax (20%) additional to the VAT?

I found from Wikipedia that the VAT in Indonesia is 10%. Here in Finland it’s 24%.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Value-added_tax

Is it the same tax problem with AP4 cars?
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 289 Times in 123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mArvAlcao17 View Post
    I have a question btw. Is it possible to use used cars (as long the model is same as the new one), or even the older model, or is it must be a new one?
    I don't think it has to be a new one. Specific regulations for cars with R4 kit http://www.fia.com/file/58633/downlo...token=mPk3dYbt
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 67 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mArvAlcao17 View Post
    Firstly, let me introduce myself.

My name is Marv, and i'm a rally enthusiast and freelance journalist. In my Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/indonesianrallyfanbase/) I post quite a lot about the R4 because rallying at here is currently suffering, which one of the causes is lack of exciting cars on 4WD category, currently only fielding old Group N cars.

No people buy and run R5's at national championship because:
    1. As the quote above said, the import tax is very expensive, which is 120%.

2. To made things worse, Indonesia goverment banned people from import used cars. Rally cars must run thru public roads on road section.

3. So, for example a new Skoda Fabia R5 price is (what i found from internet) €221,000. And with 120% tax = €265,200, which if converted into Rupiah means 4,2 billion, which is far too much.

4. Lack of manufacturers which build R5. From 9 manufacturers (both factory & privateer), there are only Hyundai, Peugeot, Proton and Mitsubishi whose sold their road cars in Indonesia (Ford withdrew last year). And all of them are quite inferior compared to Toyota & Honda, especially Peugeot & proton. That also means it's difficult to import spare parts.

There are no Mirage R5 at here, which the road car is quite popular on Indonesian road.

I, and many other people at here, is hopeful about R4 because we can build cars from stuff at here (Etios for example, which at here named Etios Valco). We know the complete car are still expensive, for example:

R4 kit + 120% tax (don't know the exact percentage): 108.000+22.000=130.000 euros
    Brand new/used Toyota Etios Valco (at here Toyota's re-sell price are strong): 9500 euros
    Manufacturing & development price: 6400 euros

So, the total=145.900 euros, or let say it 150.000 euros, which is 2.4 billions if converted to Rupiahs. That's quite a half fron R5 car completed with tax.

And there are some cars which cost even less than Etios Valco, like Honda Brio, which costs 7300 euros, or Datsun Go.

My calculations could be wrong though, but we try to save money as much as possible, and for us R4 is perfect. I admit that Oreca can cut something unimportant/too expensive to make it cheaper.
    Make Indonesian rally great again..!!

Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk

Liked 6,972 Times in 3,251 Posts
    Oreca‏*@Oreca
    First run at home for our R4 today! Next step -> gravel! #R4Rally

6. Likes: Arnold Triyudho Wardono (Yesterday),aykutbilir (Today)
    Liked 530 Times in 184 Posts
    Today it was just a rollout on the track next to factory. So not much to say, but noise of the car is really ok.:-)

Liked 132 Times in 65 Posts
    [QUOTE=Jarek Z;1156027]I think it shouldn't be a problem. Some Dytko cars have been competing in New Zealand for a long time.
    http://nzrallychamps.co.nz/nzrc-driv...nnon-chambers/
    http://nzrallychamps.co.nz/race-agai...iting-new-car/

Here's Shannon Chambers and his Dytko Polo Proto:

I know it's not an issue in NZ, but registration of the cars in Australia is a bit more complicated. Still trying to sort things out, but I'm sure it can be done.